Daughter of a fisherman

Who has had COVID?

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

Battling Covid right now. Got my positive results yesterday. My wife and both my kids (3 and 5) have it as well. Worst symptoms are fatigue and loss of taste. My wife has fatigue and sinus infection symptoms. Kids have the sniffles and their normal amount of energy. We take shifts dealing with the kids and sleeping. Going to be a long few days. 

1 hour ago, Weaver1 said:

Battling Covid right now. Got my positive results yesterday. My wife and both my kids (3 and 5) have it as well. Worst symptoms are fatigue and loss of taste. My wife has fatigue and sinus infection symptoms. Kids have the sniffles and their normal amount of energy. We take shifts dealing with the kids and sleeping. Going to be a long few days. 

Just pray it's only a few days....It's been 56 days here...

Wife and I both had it back in April.  She brought it home from her work in nursing home.  We had been isolatign at home but I picked it up.  She was down for about a week and then missed another 2 weeks of work.  I had it for over a week before it turned worse.  On day 12 after I tested positive I was only slowly recovering.  Doc said my pulse ox had been too low for too long= low 90s for over a week and said head to the ER.  Spent 5 days in the hospital and thankfully have fully recovered. Pneumonia in lower and mid lobes of both lungs.  Had never spent a night in the hospital before. Was tired for a few weeks but am very , very bleseed.  Mid 50's in OK shape.  My wife didnt' get smell back for many months.  My cousin who is about my age ended up with 22 blood clots in his lungs and an enlarge heart valve.  Was out of work from Thanksgiving until just recently.  Crazy stuff

1 hour ago, rathrbefishn said:

Wife and I both had it back in April.  She brought it home from her work in nursing home.  We had been isolatign at home but I picked it up.  She was down for about a week and then missed another 2 weeks of work.  I had it for over a week before it turned worse.  On day 12 after I tested positive I was only slowly recovering.  Doc said my pulse ox had been too low for too long= low 90s for over a week and said head to the ER.  Spent 5 days in the hospital and thankfully have fully recovered. Pneumonia in lower and mid lobes of both lungs.  Had never spent a night in the hospital before. Was tired for a few weeks but am very , very bleseed.  Mid 50's in OK shape.  My wife didnt' get smell back for many months.  My cousin who is about my age ended up with 22 blood clots in his lungs and an enlarge heart valve.  Was out of work from Thanksgiving until just recently.  Crazy stuff

Thankfully, my O2 level has never dropped under 97.   The scary thing about this is the blood clots and myocarditis.   What they are finding is a lot of these seemingly unrelated health issues stemming from a COVID infection are due to the fact that the virus inflames the lining of the blood vessels which can cause clots or a aneurysm.  

Wife and just got over it -- sucked -- tired - headache - running nose -- never lost smell or taste -- wife ended up with sinus infection to add insult to this crap -- an we don't go out?   

Good luck all

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hospitalized 11/9 - 11/14: Covid w/ double pneumonia. Mostly off oxygen during the daytime but still have to use it at night while sleeping per my pulmonologist. I see him again in March. Have to use nebulizer on occasion but not often, same with albuterol inhaler. Cold air makes it a little worse and that is when I usually need the neb or the inhaler, after doing something outside when cold and windy. A few quick trips from the upstairs to the basement usually causes shortness of breath sufficient to use oxygen for a short time, half hour to an hour but that happens rarely in the last month or so. I'm mostly fine now and leave the oxygen at home when I go out somewhere for the last few weeks as well.

Wife got it the same time I did and we the gave it to our son and DIL had it at the same time. Headaches, congestion and fatigue for them. Fatigue was the worst for my DIL. None of the grandkids had it. 

Edited by Rickman

On 2/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, Daughter of a fisherman said:

This virus sucks.   I’m on week 7 with a supposedly “mild case”...    If this is mild, I’d hate to see severe.   For a month all of these F’ing symptoms were constant.   Now it’s like the lottery...a flare up of one or more of them depending on the day.   :banghd:

Got it from work before Thanksgiving in spite of precautions at work. Felt weird that weekend and tested positive on 12/2. during that week I gave it to one of my kids, one of my sisters and my BIL. Had all the symptoms except fever. Exhaustion was the worst. From onset to a negative test was 4 weeks. It was 6 weeks until I felt 'right'.  I don't notice any residual effects except on occasion my sense of smell/taste will 'blink out'. Everybody I gave it to recovered in the same time frame. Good luck. It is a different illness. It attacks all the same targets but in a different way.