flysully

Flatwing saddles 16-18" How to sell?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Have a flytying friend out on the North Fork of Long Island who has 40 saddles, with feathers he's  measured @ 16-18" in new unopened zipped packages, purchased as he scoured bins at fly shows, etc. and is willing to sell.  I don't want to be a third party here but suggestions from members as to what/how he should offer these unused saddles would be appreciated.

Big time negative here is, because of his hand tremors, he cannot list via keyboard. 

Just trying to do a large favor for a dear flyfishing friend who, most of us here fishing the North Fork, might recognize. I guess, no computer, no listing. .....But, any suggestions, otherwise, as to how he could sell 40 unused saddles? Where could he turn to sell his unused saddles? F/Fishing club out east is no longer. What to do for him?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Flysully,  Let me be the first to say that I would be interested in some especially if they are the Kenny Abrams RLS saddles.  Obviously he could sell them here on the FF WTS forum, but we need pictures, brand and prices.  Last RLS that I purchased cost me $50.00 each which included shipping.

Edited by 27conch
content

Hey, flysully, if we are close (I'm in East Marion) maybe I take a look at the feathers & give you and yr friend a heads up ???

1 hour ago, 27conch said:

Flysully,  Let me be the first to say that I would be interested in some especially if they are the Kenny Abrams RLS saddles.  Obviously he could sell them here on the FF WTS forum, but we need pictures, brand and prices.  Last RLS that I purchased cost me $50.00 each which included shipping.

27 conch: I don't know if these saddles are Kenny Ab rams RLS saddles but will check with him. Knowing my friend, they may be. Problem is, as stated, he isn't able to work a computer or take photos, thus, my question as to how to help him out. He wouldn't be able to sell here on the BST obviously. Will continue to look at further SOL posts to see how my friend might be able to sell his prime saddles. 

5 mins ago, frazerp said:

Hey, flysully, if we are close (I'm in East Marion) maybe I take a look at the feathers & give you and yr friend a heads up ???

frazerp: Yes, my friend lives in Southold and, since you're so close in distance, I'll phone him tomorrow and possibly you could meet up at one of the local beaches to you both and he could show you what he's got. I'll also ask him the brand of the saddles for your info, etc. Will get back to you as soon as I get new info. Thanks for your interest.

Flysully, are you close to your friends location?  If so, then you could do all the ground work and list these for him here?  I am thinking your too far away to make this happen?

27conch. Nope, I'm an hour and a half away from him. Also, it would be just too much work to list, describe and photograph each of the 40 saddles he has and I really don't want to be the middleman here except to get info back and forth between interested parties; thus, the reason for my original post as how I could help my friend out in his unusual situation of not being able to use a computer, etc.but having new beautiful long saddle hackle which he is unable to use to tie flies anymore. 

We'll see how things go with frazerp and my friend if they meet up and consult about the saddles and then I can post further info. Thanks for your interest.

On 2/13/2021 at 9:25 AM, Orca said:

Flysully,

Hope the Irishman is okay and please extend my regards.

The Irishman sends his warmest regards to you as well, Orca.