Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
greeny

Okuma Alumina

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Lately I've been looking around for a mid-range braid friendly reel. What do you guys think about the alumina? braid friendly? durable? is it worth $80, or are there better reels in the same price range? Thanks!

I have two of them and I use powerpro 20 on one. Its a great reel, and in my opinion far better than the inspira that okuma makes which is more pricey. Also the paint doesnt come off easily like on other okumas. It's very smooth(smoother than a stradic to me), and has a nice drag. I've caught everything on the little thing with a 6 foot light action st croix including 20lb dolphin and large false albacore and the drag hasnt blown up yet.

I have two of them and I use powerpro 20 on one. Its a great reel, and in my opinion far better than the inspira that okuma makes which is more pricey. Also the paint doesnt come off easily like on other okumas. It's very smooth(smoother than a stradic to me), and has a nice drag. I've caught everything on the little thing with a 6 foot light action st croix including 20lb dolphin and large false albacore and the drag hasnt blown up yet.

Curious, which model ?

I see the AL40 which is only 10.6oz and the AL45 which is 14.1oz.

thanks for the responses!

BassMiester, there's also an AL-55 which is also 14.8 oz, but has more line capacity than the AL-40, so I'm guessing its the same body, just different spool size.

I'm not sure if its the 30 or the 40...its on my boat right now, but its small...like about the size of a freshwater finesse bass fishing rod. I have it spooled with about 150 yards of 20 lb powerpro and some mono backing. I like it!