Master Debaiter

Nabisco closing

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Why are they closing?

“Both Fair Lawn and Atlanta are no longer strategic assets from a geographic footprint perspective and both face significant operational challenges, including aging infrastructure and outdated production capabilities, which would have required significant investment to bring them to the modernized state required for the future,” the company said in a statement.

I can not believe this........I am 73 and grew up in Philly in the northeast . As I grew up, began to work in corp sales, I continued to travel the Rt1 / Broad St corridor and can still smell the flavors to this day. Where else does the whole world smell like a cookie.........NO WHERE.....

Freehold will still be operating ?

Anytime I can smell the coffee all the way at my house it means the fishing is going to be lousy, do something else

Never ever fails !

Posted (edited) · Report post

Too bad Nabisco ( National Biscuit Company) is closing down.

This is on the scale of Stella Doro closing in da Bronx, NYC many years ago.

Edited by cheech
Spell

In the late 60's my sister got a summer job at the Fairlawn plant.  She did something mindless like poking broken cookies off the conveyor belt. I remember her coming home and running to the shower to get the smell out of her hair and off her skin. It got to a point where the smell of Oreos was permanent and for years after every time she broke a sweat she'd smell them again.

Needless to say, she never ate another Oreo.

Damn......I'll be sure to dunk an oreo in memory of those who lost something special.

On 2/10/2021 at 7:27 AM, squidder 329 said:

Do you think the increase in the minimum wage was the last nail in the coffin? Sounds like it was to me.

I believe they are union....doubt minimum wage is part of their discussion