Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Poll: Am I Too "Wordy"?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Looking for some serious constructive critiques here....

Am I too "wordy"?

Just wondering, cause I posted a "trip report" and after going back and contemplating the post, I thought perhaps I gave too much detail and bored people....perhaps not....not like I gave out spots or anything, just I did write in a bit of detail...but that's me....

Another thing that got me thinking about this....

"Thanks for all of the interesting details"

Please don't take offense, Tony, but not sure if that was genuine or a bit tongue in cheek....either way, that's cool....smile.gif

So if I am, I will take your comments and observations in stride. smile.gif

I was just wondering.....

Thanks........

Steve,

As a fellow writer who tends to include great detail, I appreciated all of the details you took the time to include. Those details made it possible for a reader to relive your trip in the way that it actually progressed.

Some want it "short and to the point," but I like the details. (As long as they are broken up in paragraphs! Have you ever tried to READ a very long post that doesn't have any paragraph breaks?)[/b]

And I'm not a big fan of the "tongue in cheek" stuff. It's difficult enough trying to get the sense of what is being conveyed, without having to try and figure out whether someone is just screwing with you. Although I must admit it can be funny at times.

Write what you want, as accurately as you can, and don't worry about the rest.

TH

Steve, I thought it was a report of your trip down to the Flatlands. It was what ya did. I don't think it was to detail. I was there and still don't know where we were when we fished. It was fine.

------------------

SOL #669

Nerdy? (tongue in cheek) wink.gif

Not too wordy at all, Steve. I read all your posts. Heck, I even asked for a detailed report when you got back from Hatteras. What you have to say is usually interesting. Your posts are well presented, you've got a good working knowledge of the English language and you use punctuaution to boot. Let it flow, bro.