Fish4Sanity

Reel fortress

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,  I’m looking for a locking rod holder and “Rac-a-rod” is temporarily closed. 

Has anyone purchased the “Reel fortress”? I contacted the seller on eBay to advise what crossbar to use with these. He didn’t seem sure of what to use unless I read his email wrong (possible) Anyone know? Thanks in advance... 

A3C05FFA-E728-4574-AA01-96BD8E951406.png

I was looking at the same thing.  Looks like your Rhino Vortex crossbar uses a T track system.  I have Thule Wingbar Evo bars that also use a T track and I’m guessing that any T bolt adapter, a washer and locknut would work.

I have a Reel Fortress and mounted it on Thule Wingbars (I think that what the bars are called) with the track. I ordered some T Bolts and matching nuts online. Worked perfectly.  I really like the rack a lot and will be ordering another to increase rod carrying capacity. 

Bob

I have a previous version of that rack. If yours has holes on the bottom, just drill through your crossbars and bolt it on. Put the nuts on the inside of the reel side. This way, no one can unbolt it. 

13 mins ago, John E said:

I have a previous version of that rack. If yours has holes on the bottom, just drill through your crossbars and bolt it on. Put the nuts on the inside of the reel side. This way, no one can unbolt it. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I was able to mount it with the t-bolts. I spent the money on this but unfortunately won’t be using it. The reel does not fit tightly in the holder. It won’t even sit straight up just flops around in there. It’s a shame because I really like the design but they didn’t take it the extra step to make sure the reel is secure. I was lucky enough to a rac-a-rod built for me so I’ll be taking this one off. I spent $190  to use it as a rod holder in the basement.