jimmy1956

The Baltimore Orioles 2021

Rate this topic

245 posts in this topic

Orioles losing streak up to 15 games. Second longest losing streak in franchise history. Previous longest was 21 games in 1988. I suffered thru that as well.

Atlanta comes to Baltimore today. Going to be raining most of the day so we’ll see if they can get it in. Akin to start not that it really matters lol.

Well the Birds losing streak is up to 17. They play Atlanta today at 1:05. Last game of the three game series. Mountcastle is on a good streak but Mullins has cooled off. The Bull pen is back to being okay. No Starting pitching on this team what so ever. At least last nights game was competitive. Starter has not been named as of this early morning. Does not really matter lol. Birds are off tomorrow the the Angels come to town for three.

Why did the Orioles hire a Baker?     Cause they need a batter.

Why did the stop selling Brats at the stadium?      Cause they are the Wurst around.

Losing  streak now up to 18. Play the Angels tonight at 7:05pm. Watkins to start for the Birds. former Orioles pitcher Dylan Bundy goes for the Angles. Both suck balls. It will be amusing to see who sucks worst lol.

Orioles behind 6-1 in the top of third. Angles have the bases loaded with no outs. Watkins just got bounced. Wade on to relieve. Does it really matter. Wade just gave up a base hit. Two scored now 8-1. Going to bed now.

The Birds lost last night to the Angels 14-8. They were behind 13-2 by the end of the 4th inning. The starter, Watkins, gave up 8 runs in 2 innings. Wade who relieved him gave up 5 runs in and inning and a third. Was almost humorous to watch lol. I do feel bad for Hyde though as he has zero zip nada pitchers to work with. I do hope they are paying him well. Birds play the Angels tonight at 7:05pm. 

Losing streak is up to 19. 

Well the losing ends at 19. The birds beat the Angels last night 10-6. Finally some offense and the bullpen pitched lights out. The Birds play the Angels at 1:05 today.

As of last night’s loss to the Rays the Orioles are the first team in the MLB to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Who could have predicted that lol. :beers:

1 hour ago, jimmy1956 said:

As of last night’s loss to the Rays the Orioles are the first team in the MLB to be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Who could have predicted that lol. :beers:

sorry for your loss..........

8 hours ago, Mdbasser said:

Life long Orioles fan. They suck the life out of me right now. I expected a rough season, but this! 

Yea it’s tough to be a fan these days. But I’ve been one my whole life as well and I love the game so I just keep plugging away so to speak. I truly do think things are improving even with he major league roster. There is a nice core of position players now with Mancini, Mullens, Mountcastle, and Hays. Mateo and Jones have looked good since they brought them up. Pitching is where we are super super week. Means got hurt and is still finding his footing since coming back. He is the only starter that is any good on the major league roster. The bullpen has actually done a good job this year. Scott and Wells are definitely good. Fry was good most of the season but has struggled lately. Too soon to tell on the other just brought up relievers.