The Baltimore Orioles 2021

Rate this topic

jimmy1956

Birds lost to the Tigers last night 9-4. They have not won a game since August 2nd. Akin gave up six runs in only three innings. Akin is now 0-6 with a 8.23 ERA. This was his first start since 7/16. He has done better out of the bullpen. Hays had two hits. If he can just stay healthy he’d be really good. The Birds play the tigers again tonight at 7:00pm. 

Orioles playing at 4:05 today. Playing the Tigers. Temps on the field over 100 degrees. Means starts today.

Chris Davis announced his retirement today. Sixth on the Orioles all time with 265 home runs. Injuries really derailed him the last few years. He and his wife have really contributed a lot to the local community.

Birds lost to the Tigers yesterday 6-4. Losing streak up to 8 in  a row now. Means got the loss. He has not been good since he came back from injury. Birds head to Boston now for the three game series. Boston is probably most happy to be playing the lowly Orioles. The Yanks not so much lol. Good chance for Boston to start a win streak. Watkins goes tonight for the Birds.

23 mins ago, albacized said:

Heard a snippet that Chris Davis retired - is that effective immediately or at the end of the season? Didn't catch all the details

Effective as of yesterday. He has a degenerative hip thing going on. No trying to fix that and play. Besides the O’s carried him for far too long in my opinion. Had some great years but coinciding with his super contract he loss all hitting abilities. He didn’t tank he just lost it like overnight. Super nice guy and he and his wife does a tremendous amount for the local community. 

By all I accounts that I've heard, he's a good guy for sure. I didn't know he was going through all that with his hip, which I can sort of relate to, as I was born with hip dysplasia that I never had corrected (doctors already told me a hip replacement is in my future, but also warned that I should try to push that off as long as I can tolerate it). But I will say that on the flip side, it's not I had to juggle that while trying to maintain some level of major league level of talent...lol

Well the losing streak is up to eleven. Birds play the Rays tonight. Four game series.  Harvey is the starter. 6-11 with a 6.10 ERA. Zimmerman out with another injury. Never even made one rehab start. Mullens was shut out yesterday, 0-5. does not happen very often this year. Mountcastle still out on concussion protocol. 

Birds lost to the Rays last night 9-2. No pitching.

Streak now up to twelve.

They play TB again tonight at 7:00. Doesn’t matter who starts or who relieves who.

They are trying out different pitchers. 

Keep reading how the Oriole farm system is ranked as one of the best in the MLB. Keep reading how a couple of the players in the minor leagues are at the top in the MLB. Does it really matter? Frustrating times they are. Love my Birds but man this sucks lol. :banghd:

Birds lost last night to TB 10-0. Losing streak is now up to 13 games. In the last five games the Orioles have been out scored 48-7. Got pitching anyone? Longest losing streak this year so far has been 14 games. Life continues today versus TB at 7:05. They released several players from the minors and also promoted several players thru out the minors.