Surfee

FBs and Tips for San Gregorio State Beach

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Wow... brings back some good memories.  I haven't fished there in 20+ years.  As I remember,

• Parking was on an honor system.  Put money in a metal box/slot corresponding to your space.
  • Bathroom near parking lot
  • Right side has a cliff that you can fish from at high tide.  Be careful walking on the small dirt trails
  • You have to pass over a freshwater outlet on the left side.  Be careful there too
  • One Superbowl Sunday I caught a lot of small barred perch on a c-rig and pumpkinseed power grubs.  I was on a college recruiting trip and bought a rod at the big 5 near Palo Alto.  I left the rod with a kid I met at the beach named Calvin Wong.  I don't know why I remember that...
  • I've also been skunked several times with c-rigs and grubs
  • I've always had better luck at Half Moon Bay which is about 30 mins North

2 hours ago, Mike Mendez said:

Wow... brings back some good memories.  I haven't fished there in 20+ years.  As I remember,

• Parking was on an honor system.  Put money in a metal box/slot corresponding to your space.
  • Bathroom near parking lot
  • Right side has a cliff that you can fish from at high tide.  Be careful walking on the small dirt trails
  • You have to pass over a freshwater outlet on the left side.  Be careful there too
  • One Superbowl Sunday I caught a lot of small barred perch on a c-rig and pumpkinseed power grubs.  I was on a college recruiting trip and bought a rod at the big 5 near Palo Alto.  I left the rod with a kid I met at the beach named Calvin Wong.  I don't know why I remember that...
  • I've also been skunked several times with c-rigs and grubs
  • I've always had better luck at Half Moon Bay which is about 30 mins North

Yeah, I'm looking to see if there's good action at this beach since it's in close proximity to the freshwater outlet.

I haven't fished there in 25 + years, as i remember.  we did great then,  we caught bunch of stripers with top water plugs  (Gibbs)( popper, darter, swimmers etc...)  Even some huge size barred perch on hard shell sandcrabs.

18 hours ago, MultiCast said:

I haven't fished there in 25 + years, as i remember.  we did great then,  we caught bunch of stripers with top water plugs  (Gibbs)( popper, darter, swimmers etc...)  Even some huge size barred perch on hard shell sandcrabs.

That's good to hear!  I'm going to rake my own sand crabs early and fish them during sunrise.  I'll let you know how I do.