Orioles at the feeders

Rate this topic

theshadow

Few hundred miles south of you and haven’t seen an oriole since September 6th. My suet and other feeders are very busy , but no orioles back yet. Had three families on the deck all day last year until then.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

8 mins ago, mikez2 said:

One guy in the eastern Ma bird group has been posting pics of a pair that he's had coming all winter. Not sure where but I think south shore.

I'd say it's pretty unusual. 

I thought it might be a warbler but nope the pointed beak tipped me off.Put out some meal worms this afternoon so with the impending weather here tomorrow it will be interesting to see what shows up.Bluebirds seem to show when it's snowing too.

Edited by theshadow

Pretty unusual , but always a few along the coast.

E-bird shows them up through Nova Scotia, and even one on the other side of the Gulf of St. Lawrence in Quebec this year.

Not many though.

Here's a shot of the e-bird map for Baltimore Oriole's in Mass. this year.

Many not reported of course, but these are the ones people saw who make a point of looking.

Nice find :th:

601f32fc44f84_Screenshot_2021-02-06BaltimoreOriole-SpeciesMap-eBird.png.9c29fa271d013e8d1d9fb08d7f45257e.png

18 hours ago, theshadow said:

I thought it might be a warbler but nope the pointed beak tipped me off.Put out some meal worms this afternoon so with the impending weather here tomorrow it will be interesting to see what shows up.Bluebirds seem to show when it's snowing too.

Two bluebirds showed up just like clockwork in the snow and the oriole was back too.The meal worms,orange,and the suet took a beating.