jonA

Mini darters?

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2021 at 6:36 PM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

i haven't turned plugs for sale in maybe the last 5 or 6 years.I turned a bunch of 3/4 oz darters that weren't for sale,for freinds,might have sold some on the BST forum.Its been at least 7 years since i fished LIand that were i fished darters,for some reason where i fish on the Cape darters are not my choice of plug so i haven't turned many lately.

Got my hands on one of these can’t wait to fish it 

On 2/6/2021 at 6:36 PM, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

i haven't turned plugs for sale in maybe the last 5 or 6 years.I turned a bunch of 3/4 oz darters that weren't for sale,for freinds,might have sold some on the BST forum.Its been at least 7 years since i fished LIand that were i fished darters,for some reason where i fish on the Cape darters are not my choice of plug so i haven't turned many lately.

Hey John, 

Still have a stash of that little one.  That was a secret summer weapon when the fish were on baby sea bass, bergals and baby blackfish.

Yes 1 oz

only throw them into salt guess they could work in fresh as well

If you are interested reach out to him

Ive ordered plugs from him directly a few times 

great guy too

I make a batch of 5-10 of these every winter. Poplar, .9 oz.. around 4". They catch. One thing I've noticed is there are nights the bass will ignore the mag darter or minnow, but will be all over the mini darter. I feel like it's gotta be because the swim action is so different. I've never thrown them at fresh water fish, but because they swim pretty well in slow/dead water as a jerk bait, too, I've been tempted to try them in the lake

IMG_2236(2).jpg

1 min ago, Livefreeordie said:

I make a batch of 5-10 of these every winter. Poplar, .9 oz.. around 4". They catch. One thing I've noticed is there are nights the bass will ignore the mag darter or minnow, but will be all over the mini darter. I feel like it's gotta be because the swim action is so different. I've never thrown them at fresh water fish, but because they swim pretty well in slow/dead water as a jerk bait, too, I've been tempted to try them in the lake

IMG_2236(2).jpg

Love the mini plugs 

20190605_100334.jpg

Just now, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

Love the mini plugs 

20190605_100334.jpg

A mini mouse? Love it!    I made a tiny hard-bodied frog with a section of shoe lace that flopped around, and the LMB loved it. Because I wade for striper year round, I am absolutely jonesing to kayak for lmb right now

3 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

A mini mouse? Love it!    I made a tiny hard-bodied frog with a section of shoe lace that flopped around, and the LMB loved it. Because I wade for striper year round, I am absolutely jonesing to kayak for lmb right now

I made a mini frog out a champagne cork, pretty crude, I didn't get a chance to fish it yet.

5 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

I didn't make the mouse Eddie did...

Just now, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

I didn't make the mouse Eddie did...

Gotcha.

I don't know if being mouse-looking influences the fish, but I know the metal-lip swim action is loved by LMB, and def that tail gets them frenzied. I just like the idea of the fish attacking what looks like a mouse

very cool looking lure

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, Livefreeordie said:

Gotcha.

I don't know if being mouse-looking influences the fish, but I know the metal-lip swim action is loved by LMB, and def that tail gets them frenzied. I just like the idea of the fish attacking what looks like a mouse

very cool looking lure

Action on it is great, 

Had a bunch of skunkings on it and a bunch of missed blowups! 

But also Many fish over 5lbs

Edited by R.R. Bridge Fisher
Spelling again