jonA

Mini darters?

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

Any thoughts? I know CCW made them before he passed away, but not finding much else. Very intrigued about using them in bays this Spring.

4 hours ago, jonA said:

Any thoughts? I know CCW made them before he passed away, but not finding much else. Very intrigued about using them in bays this Spring.

Groves cedar works makes micro darters. He sells them on his Instagram page. I think they’re about $30 each

Posted (edited) · Report post

Handcarve, swims perfect, hasn’t caught ‘yet’.

99F5C63E-613D-4D8C-A9CB-0894129E5F40.jpeg

Edited by cheech
Contraband in photo

Not really a micro as much as a stubby but it casts like a bullet, I can get more distance with it than a  ss darter, it digs real nice too ... not sure why I don't use it more, seems like it became a niche lure for me for some reason :huh:

20210205_145421.jpg.0fe928ab044d9530480fd90777e1ee8a.jpg

7 hours ago, JM13 said:

Groves cedar works makes micro darters. He sells them on his Instagram page. I think they’re about $30 each

Thanks..I was able to find groves on Instagram.

7 hours ago, Digga90 said:

I think L.I.FishInV.T. makes a 1.75oz darter

I believe that darter I posted above is one of his.... couldn't remember until you mentioned it :why:

30 mins ago, BillZ said:

I believe that darter I posted above is one of his.... couldn't remember until you mentioned it :why:

I picked up a few of his 3/4oz darters years ago. Not sure if he still turns them but it’s a fun little to use in the beginning of the season for me. The groves darter around 1oz is good too. 

1 hour ago, BillZ said:

Got the same one

BACFBBEA-0787-48BC-97EE-66CEC4C320C8.jpeg

i haven't turned plugs for sale in maybe the last 5 or 6 years.I turned a bunch of 3/4 oz darters that weren't for sale,for freinds,might have sold some on the BST forum.Its been at least 7 years since i fished LIand that were i fished darters,for some reason where i fish on the Cape darters are not my choice of plug so i haven't turned many lately.