Pichney? Musso? Both?

Ted Pietz

May be the pic angles but the line tie looked too high to be a ss. The shape is atypical for either a ss or bootleg because it's more rounded instead of angular in the "hip". How about a profile shot next to a ss comparing line tie placements

40 mins ago, SC said:

May be the pic angles but the line tie looked too high to be a ss. The shape is atypical for either a ss or bootleg because it's more rounded instead of angular in the "hip". How about a profile shot next to a ss comparing line tie placements

I will put it next to s regular swimmer.  I do not think I have an SS. I have a BM torpedo somewhere. I agree the shape is irregular.  I do not think it is a bootleg. I'll think I have  a bootleg somewhere around here which I will try to dig out. 

Thanks Steve

18 mins ago, Ted Pietz said:

Thanks Steve. It is different fron a regular Danny swimmer or bootleg. I'll post some picks and measurements when I get the chance, soon.

Yes it’s shaped more like a Musso torpedo not a Pichney bootleg. Bob Jones had one too I believe. I was told it was a special order? There is a photo of mine in the Pichney thread . I’ll check on the # post in thread

Edited by VanStaalSteve

1 min ago, Ted Pietz said:

Bob, I think you saw every Danny ever to come down the pike. I respect your views and thank you for the  advice you give.

Ted, I got more than a few of them from SC. Spent a little time in his basement. Never saw more plugs in one spot.

Member- SWLCC- Salt Water Lure Collectors Club

6 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Here you go ; second photo is bootleg, mystery plug and Danny surface swimmer. 

68A361AF-EFB2-489E-BD2E-FC97DEA51724.jpeg

500A59DC-448A-4198-A7E6-BBBEC03CE98D.jpeg

993868C9-9E3B-4A7C-839C-F26C72E332A9.jpeg

Steve,

There it is. The difference is obvious isn't it. I wonder how many of these are out there? The design is out there because I see it in the torpedo plugs.  I do not recall anything from the 30's, 40's or 50's that have this body design.  Danny original?

Soooo interesting!