jcrane

New display in the works

29 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I’m a big USA flag/military and trout/frog collector. One of my daughters’ made 2 displays that we use for the Flags/military. 2 of my 3 daughters have been into plug game for most of their lives so it’s something we share together which is cool. 
We have been talking about building a smaller one together which would display what we are calling our “best of the best”. Basically, we wanted 1 plug (a few builders have multiple) from all of our favorite builders or builders in that somehow impacted us (example- the rm pencil was given to my middle daughter in maybe 2010 when she was 6 or 7 at Berkeley) to display. 
I’m measuring now and buying lumber this coming weekend. Waiting on a few plugs that I noted as well. I may still “upgrade” some of the plugs by the same builders if we see something we like but this is the group as of now. AAD12EA4-274A-4D5C-9051-F08BC0A20D3F.jpeg.1c5205367ba41e8970d836595e0f1c20.jpeg
They look sick together and I can’t wait to get them in a sweet shadowbox and on display 

3 mins ago, CharlieK said:

Are the 2 large bunker in center stage both Gary-2/ Chumbucket collaborations?

The one on the left is the “ghost bunker” which is the collab with Chumbucket and Gary. 
the other is Chum’s handcarved bunker. 

Very impressive and it’s super nice to see your kids interest in the hobby. Fathers dream come true , I am sure you have you used the excuse “it’s for the kids”. That will look awesome in a display case. 

4 mins ago, Bdemiri23 said:

Very impressive and it’s super nice to see your kids interest in the hobby. Fathers dream come true , I am sure you have you used the excuse “it’s for the kids”. That will look awesome in a display case. 

Hahaha. Totally. They started coming to the shows with me back in like 2009 when they were 6. Always helped on that atm trip to remind my wife that the girls were coming!!

also helpful because I know that if something happens to me they will know what’s up!!

Stained it with a dark walnut. Then used a sunbleached color over the top and wiped off fairly quickly. Supposed to be a driftwood technique

Came out pretty sweet

3BFA8484-E73E-408C-9159-673BB3B239A5.jpeg

C4707FD1-C969-43CA-AE4D-5BE5C0913F5D.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 min ago, ReelPeeler said:

Is it gonna be recessed in the wall? Looking good. Love that banana, one of my favorites :th: 

Nope. Just will hang on the wall. We have a bigger one in my office. 
Will have a glass door as well 

thanks bro 

Edited by jcrane