Surf bomber

Distance casting

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

surf cast pro shop ....Any one have any dealings with them ...they are out of maryland....have many items that you don't find in many tackle shops... Definetly for the distance caster

Edited by Surf bomber

Yes, I've ordered a bunch of goodies from Kwang and have always been quite pleased.  Spoke with him on the phone last week to see if he had some speed bushings for Abu C3 reels retrofitted to CTM and he did - awesome!  Kwang is the only source I know of so far in the USA for good mono mags and he is definitely a supplier for the tournament grass caster community, check out his facebook page.

Just ordered a bunch of mags to bring some civility to some some older reels that are just beasts....it's a game ,mag vs centrifigal,but I will get them to cast with minimal backlashes....

1 min ago, Surf bomber said:

Just ordered a bunch of mags to bring some civility to some some older reels that are just beasts....it's a game ,mag vs centrifigal,but I will get them to cast with minimal backlashes....

Adjustable mono or static?  Here's a Surfmaster 200 I static magged with good beast taming results ...

20210104_063420.jpg

20201231_123232.jpg

That surf master looks nice.....I'm installing an Adjustable on a old Diawa grand wave 20 and a 30 ,Abu 7000,and a diawa saltist 20 almost the same as the grand wave ....I have been having good success with a Penn 535 centrifugal ...my other Penn's will have to wait ......and because I had to have a diawa mag7 ,ordered from Connecticut but came from europe, which is just a howitzer on a century or break a way ....the mag 7drag is suspect but I never had a problem off the beach...

Got that Surfmaster right here from an SOL member. 

I Zeta mono magged a new Akios Dynamo.  Waiting in the wings is a beat up Daiwa Millionaire 6HM I picked up off fleabay that I pulled off the level wind and will also mono mag. 

20210213_071349.jpg

Edited by BeachBob

6 hours ago, Surf bomber said:

I did pull the level winds off the abu 6500 and 7000 but once mags are installed I will take them to the beech and do some fishing I mean casting

Didja also pull off the level wind side plate gears?  Makes a big difference in spool speed.  Even better is replacing the spindle's nylon clicker gear with a near-impossible-to-find brass speed bullet.