stripedbassking

Striped Bass Comm Fishing Proposal for Mass...... Definitely not good

Rate this topic

952 posts in this topic

8 mins ago, z-man said:

That’s the joke of this whole argument. I’m not wasting striper. It’s just some term you came up with to make you feel better about your killing. Also you got a comm permit so you could keep more fish for yourself. You said it multiple times so don’t deny that you want to keep as many fish as you want. Excuse me, I should have said it’s so that you don’t waste as many fish. 
:point:

Show me just one time where I said I got a commercial permit so I could keep more fish.

15 mins ago, MAArcher said:

How not so? Catch and release fishing wastes more fish than commercial fishing consumes.  In pure numbers, catch and release fishing kills 6x more fish than commercial fishing, so catch and release is worse.  That's how not so.  

Striper are not a gamefish (and no fish should be).   Putting a price tag on a wild animal is the only way to save them, unfortunately.  But to be clear, we both are putting a price tag on them.  As others have already stated, there is economic benefit when striped bass are used as a gamefish.  Commercial fishermen put a literal price tag on them.   Recreational catch and keep fishermen make them valuable for their economic activity as well.   In modern times its when no one makes a dime off a wild thing that it gets wiped out.

Clearly there’s no changing your mindset, 

Harvest mortality of stripedbass makes up 52%(commercial and Rec) of the mortality of stripedbass… so take that away and then the species will rebound. And you do know that there is mortality from bycatch from commercials as well….

9 mins ago, z-man said:

That’s the joke of this whole argument. I’m not wasting striper. It’s just some term you came up with to make you feel better about your killing. Also you got a comm permit so you could keep more fish for yourself. You said it multiple times so don’t deny that you want to keep as many fish as you want. Excuse me, I should have said it’s so that you don’t waste as many fish. 
:point:

Also, what difference would it make if someone did get a commercial permit to keep more fish? Why is that bad?  They paid for a license, why shouldn't they get to use it?  What difference does it make if they eat the fish themselves or sell it to someone else to eat?  None of that is illegal or unethical.  How is any of that worse than wasting fish for fun? 

Yes, you should have said it was because I didn't want to waste fish, then at least for once you'd be in the right.

You don't have to respond.  I know your answers.  You're going to make up something stupid that you can't back up with any logic or reason and make defamatory remarks.  Ever watch South Park?  When the fat kid Cartmen says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" and takes his ball and goes home.   That's how you end any conversation that doesn't reaffirm your delusions.  (like your delusion that you're not wasting fish by catch and releasing.)  

3 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Harvest mortality of stripedbass makes up 52%(commercial and Rec) of the mortality of stripedbass… so take that away and then the species will rebound. And you do know that there is mortality from bycatch from commercials as well….

Yes, the commercial discard is in the numbers.   And if you do away with the 48% catch and release waste, not only will the species rebound, we get to keep all the benefits of wild fish consumption instead of suffering the consequences of their waste.  

1 min ago, MAArcher said:

Also, what difference would it make if someone did get a commercial permit to keep more fish? Why is that bad?  They paid for a license, why shouldn't they get to use it?  What difference does it make if they eat the fish themselves or sell it to someone else to eat?  None of that is illegal or unethical.  How is any of that worse than wasting fish for fun? 

Yes, you should have said it was because I didn't want to waste fish, then at least for once you'd be in the right.

You don't have to respond.  I know your answers.  You're going to make up something stupid that you can't back up with any logic or reason and make defamatory remarks.  Ever watch South Park?  When the fat kid Cartmen says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" and takes his ball and goes home.   That's how you end any conversation that doesn't reaffirm your delusions.  (like your delusion that you're not wasting fish by catch and releasing.)  

The only thing being wasted here is our time trying to have a logical conversation with a moron. There’s no changing your mind. You are clearly one of the fools that will insist they are right even though the rest of the world proves they are wrong. Flat earth, birds aren’t real, Covid is a scam, Catch and release is wasting fish. 
I’m out. I’m taking my ball and leaving but will probably continue to read your nonsense when I need a good laugh. 

3 mins ago, MAArcher said:

Yes, the commercial discard is in the numbers.   And if you do away with the 48% catch and release waste, not only will the species rebound, we get to keep all the benefits of wild fish consumption instead of suffering the consequences of their waste.  

Not the way to do it, get rid of the majority problem which is the 52% harvest to fix the fishery. Problem solved! 

9 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

I see that you reference God in your tag line.   How would you answer St. Peter if, before unlocking the pearly gates, he turns to you and asks "Why did you kill the fish for fun, and for sustenance you instead chose a way that desecrated the Lords creation?"

5 mins ago, z-man said:

The only thing being wasted here is our time trying to have a logical conversation with a moron. There’s no changing your mind. You are clearly one of the fools that will insist they are right even though the rest of the world proves they are wrong. Flat earth, birds aren’t real, Covid is a scam, Catch and release is wasting fish. 
I’m out. I’m taking my ball and leaving but will probably continue to read your nonsense when I need a good laugh. 

Nice job Cartman.  

3 mins ago, MAArcher said:

I see that you reference God in your tag line.   How would you answer St. Peter if, before unlocking the pearly gates, he turns to you and asks "Why did you kill the fish for fun, and for sustenance you instead chose a way that desecrated the Lords creation?"

I’m sure that ensuring a Species thrives instead of decimating it would be much more welcome…..

but like I said your not gonna change your outlook so don’t know why your bothering

23 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

Just in case people don’t think there’s commercial bycatch, and yes I know Mass isn’t net, but this still effects the fishery:

AB1F49A5-96FB-4B42-86C4-EAB23DA0F8A4.png

92CC4366-4AFC-459C-BEC5-88E818FBEF7A.png

But I thought the recs were the only ones that wasted fish? Awful lot of crab food there. 

3 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

I’m sure that ensuring a Species thrives instead of decimating it would be much more welcome…..

but like I said your not gonna change your outlook so don’t know why your bothering

How is stopping 48% waste not ensuring the species thrives or decimating it?  Why would anyone change their mind from reasonable to unreasonable?

You are a lot like Z-man, you make things up in your head to reaffirm your narrative if it doesn't stand up to logic and reason.  In this case, you're making up a scenario where if we only eliminate 48% waste instead of 52% utilization, that somehow in our delusion equates to decimation.  Or do you know that its not true and say it anyway?

I'm bothering in hopes of changing your outlook brother, not mine.   Do what's right and eat what you kill instead of wasting it.  Its not a big ask.

You are a lot like ME, you make things up in your head to reaffirm your narrative if it doesn't stand up to logic and reason. 

FIFY

1 min ago, z-man said:

But I thought the recs were the only ones that wasted fish? Awful lot of crab food there. 

Do you know what the law is?  Does striper bycatch have to be thrown back or are draggers allowed to sell a certain amount of striper bycatch?  

How is stopping 48% waste not ensuring the species thrives or decimating it?  Why would anyone change their mind from reasonable to unreasonable?

You are a lot like Z-man, you make things up in your head to reaffirm your narrative if it doesn't stand up to logic and reason.  In this case, you're making up a scenario where if we only eliminate 48% waste instead of 52% utilization, that somehow in our delusion equates to decimation.  Or do you know that its not true and say it anyway?

I'm bothering in hopes of changing your outlook brother, not mine.   Do what's right and eat what you kill instead of wasting it.  Its not a big ask.

Incorrect, 52 is a bigger number then 48. Both numbers are mortality so regardless of what/how they die they die. Period. 52 goes away then the fish species rebound. So what’s right and save the species instead of trying to decimate it.

thats gonna be it for me, god bless…..