stripedbassking

Striped Bass Comm Fishing Proposal for Mass...... Definitely not good

Rate this topic

952 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, MAArcher said:

What's it mean if you reply by quoting a post and your post is highlighted in pink after and at the top it says "Posted Just Now . Hidden"?  

It means something you quoted is blocked by the site software - in this case it's a "wordpress" link. I approved your post :)

10 mins ago, Frugal Fisherman said:

Do people you give away the fish have to report what you gave them? Giving away is not retail, that's charity. 

No, people you give away to don't have to report what I gave them, I do have to report giving them away though (not sure if there's an option for "gifted" or "donated" or if you'd just not it as personal consumption.  No commercial fishing license gives you the ability to sell striper retail, other than having a "retail boat" permit, which allows you to sell to the general public but the fish can not be filleted and the sale has to be from the boat.   And there's no stipulation for price and sales price isn't recorded.  

1 min ago, ken r said:

So......in summary MAArcher is a sleazebag. The very definition.

It's all good. The bass fishery has collapsed and we argue.

I quit fishing for them 2 years ago. I'm doing my part. I do miss it.

If you honestly don't fish for them, your the only one on here who can claim they are truly putting the fishery first, I'll give you that. 

As for the sleaze bag comment, once you pull your head from your ass you can go vete a la mierda.  

2 mins ago, MAArcher said:

If you honestly don't fish for them, your the only one on here who can claim they are truly putting the fishery first, I'll give you that. 

As for the sleaze bag comment, once you pull your head from your ass you can go vete a la mierda.  

I don't fish for them at all.

You're a sleazebag because you ride hard on the letter of the law (as if striped bass have been managed effectively by the gov't :dismay: ) and ignore that you're as big a part of the issue as anyone.

1 hour ago, CWitek said:

Hunting is not a commercial activity.  Outfitting hunters is.  To support your argument, you need evidence that out of state outfitters are discriminated against.

New Hampshire doesn't have a commercial striped bass fishery.  Thus, neither New Hampshire residents nor out of state residents can commercially fish striped bass there.  The treatment of residents and non-residents is the same; there is no discrimination or protectionist behavior.  You are free to fish for bass recreationally in NH,

Is the sale of a hunting license a commercial activity?  Also, some states don't let non-residents guide hunting in their state unless the nonresidents states allows non-residents to do it. (I'd have to check but I think Maine won't allow non-residents to guide for bear with dogs if their own state doesn't allow Maine residents to do the same.)  

Still not seeing it, NH excluded MA from commercial fishing by not allotting a quota which it was free to do, so it seems reasonable that MA could exclude NH from the same by denying them permits.  

A topic to bring up at the next public hearing.   Its bad enough we listen to out of state groups on what to do with our fish, its worse we let them take commercial quota too. ( I say that half heartedly, I now a NH commercial striper fisherman and would hate to see him excluded, its really just a mater of principal that I argue.  I'd much prefer if NH just behaved reciprocally.  And maybe its fine letter NH people commercial fish just to sort of build equity in hopes that NH will open a season.) 

8 mins ago, ken r said:

I don't fish for them at all.

You're a sleazebag because you ride hard on the letter of the law (as if striped bass have been managed effectively by the gov't :dismay: ) and ignore that you're as big a part of the issue as anyone.

Ha, I'm a sleaze bag for following the law and since I don't catch many fish I'm a big problem.  You're a genius, lets put you in charge.

54 mins ago, MAArcher said:

Ha, I'm a sleaze bag for following the law and since I don't catch many fish I'm a big problem.  You're a genius, lets put you in charge.

Again......"following the law". Meh. You've got nothing.

How about keeping the species alive and viable?

45 mins ago, ken r said:

Again......"following the law". Meh. You've got nothing.

How about keeping the species alive and viable?

Can’t really argue with you given you are going above and beyond based on your convictions.  How will you determine when it’s OK to fish again?

6 mins ago, MAArcher said:

Can’t really argue with you given you are going above and beyond based on your convictions.  How will you determine when it’s OK to fish again?

Fish for other less pressured fish.

3 hours ago, MAArcher said:

Is the sale of a hunting license a commercial activity?  Also, some states don't let non-residents guide hunting in their state unless the nonresidents states allows non-residents to do it. (I'd have to check but I think Maine won't allow non-residents to guide for bear with dogs if their own state doesn't allow Maine residents to do the same.)  

Still not seeing it, NH excluded MA from commercial fishing by not allotting a quota which it was free to do, so it seems reasonable that MA could exclude NH from the same by denying them permits.  

A topic to bring up at the next public hearing.   Its bad enough we listen to out of state groups on what to do with our fish, its worse we let them take commercial quota too. ( I say that half heartedly, I now a NH commercial striper fisherman and would hate to see him excluded, its really just a mater of principal that I argue.  I'd much prefer if NH just behaved reciprocally.  And maybe its fine letter NH people commercial fish just to sort of build equity in hopes that NH will open a season.) 

Why would NH open a commercial season on a fishery that is collapsing? Are you in denial that stripers are in trouble?

13 mins ago, z-man said:

Why would NH open a commercial season on a fishery that is collapsing? Are you in denial that stripers are in trouble?

NH is given a quota like all the other states, they can split it between rec and commercial or make it all rec or all commercial, their choice.  How they split it doesn’t change their total quota. 

I’m not in denial that the population is lower than it has been.  Are you in denial that your killing fish when you catch and release?

Why does everyone keep engaging with this guy. He is by own admission a ****** fisherman who will ultimately have no impact on the overall striper population regardless of what endorsements he holds! He has come on here for the sole purpose of antagonizing members into futile debates. Is he part of the problem? I don’t really think so because although some will argue what he does is less than ethical he doesn’t seem to possess the skill set that would have  any real impact ( again by his own admission). Let him blow his own horn to an empty room and ignore any further engagement with an individual who’s ideology is so far removed from the majority who enjoy this site.

6 hours ago, MAArcher said:

I don’t think anyone wants you in charge either.  

Actually you aren’t the problem, your thinking of how the striped bass fishery should be managed is the problem. :)

52AB407D-383A-440A-96E3-F42AD358D534.jpeg

Edited by t_man7