stripedbassking

Striped Bass Comm Fishing Proposal for Mass...... Definitely not good

Rate this topic

952 posts in this topic

So here we go again.... Massachusetts is looking to Propose this Crazy mayhem........ the slide literally also says “a fisherman” soooo we’re gonna change the fishery around to Cater to a suggestion of ONE commercial fisherman that wants to harvest and kill more bass for profit???? While the entire East Coast would most definitely be in favor of Lesser harvesting of the declining big Breeder Striped Bass.

Please write in to the MASS DMF and let them know how terrible an idea like this is.... thank you!

6B4A8C26-E010-4D87-9A8A-AF3AB5AA99B5.jpeg

This is sad, and responsible commercial fisherman have to see what is proposed is terrible for the fish. 

12 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

So here we go again.... Massachusetts is looking to Propose this Crazy mayhem........ the slide literally also says “a fisherman” soooo we’re gonna change the fishery around to Cater to a suggestion of ONE commercial fisherman that wants to harvest and kill more bass for profit???? While the entire East Coast would most definitely be in favor of Lesser harvesting of the declining big Breeder Striped Bass.

Please write in to the MASS DMF and let them know how terrible an idea like this is.... thank you!

6B4A8C26-E010-4D87-9A8A-AF3AB5AA99B5.jpeg

They try to circumvent regs any way they can.  Some seem to forget or not even care more regs were implemented due to the decline of the biomass which has been years in the making.  It's really sad.

Can you post their contact information?

1 min ago, stripedbassking said:

@TimS are we allowed to post the emails of Mass DMF for people to write in comments to oppose this mayhem?

In most cases MA doesn’t care. They make up their mind BEFORE they have public hearings. 

58 mins ago, stripedbassking said:

@TimS are we allowed to post the emails of Mass DMF for people to write in comments to oppose this mayhem?

Absolutely - any government contact info is welcome.

57 mins ago, ged said:

In most cases MA doesn’t care. They make up their mind BEFORE they have public hearings. 

Dog and pony shows I call that. But people should still email the crap out of them - they have to keep and count those emails - send them....

Posted (edited) · Report post

Where I live on cape cod It’s either red neck crack heads or kids using daddy’s boat to commercial fish for bass.  Sad sad story. Any truly passionate angler would never commercially fish for bass during These times.... hopefully whoever these people are who are making or pushing these rules get *

Edited by TimS
Please don't wish harm or death on people here - thanks

49 mins ago, TimS said:

Dog and pony shows I call that. But people should still email the crap out of them - they have to keep and count those emails - send them....

Tim anyway to do  a thread everyone throws there name down and make it into an email petition or we gotta do it individually ..which isnt a problem.....just curious...would look good to have a whole group like a SOL to represent the opposition of the dumbasses proposal ..either way ill send an email with my 2 cents...tight lines all

7 mins ago, willcodfish said:

Tim anyway to do  a thread everyone throws there name down and make it into an email petition or we gotta do it individually ..which isnt a problem.....just curious...would look good to have a whole group like a SOL to represent the opposition of the dumbasses proposal ..either way ill send an email with my 2 cents...tight lines all

This is a great idea!  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the quota is not changing therefore more fish are not being taken. I also believe that Nov. 1st as a closure date might be a month sooner than previous years. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, DaleG603 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the quota is not changing therefore more fish are not being taken. I also believe that Nov. 1st as a closure date might be a month sooner than previous years. 

Comms have failed to meet their quota for 2 years straight, so this is intended to kill more than they have for the last few years. 

Irresponsible behavior.  

Edited by ged