Raptor Lights Tacoma

The Riddler

• 1 month later...

The Raptor Lights are already fading and flickering. The bulbs are garbage. I am betting on the sealing is junk. 30 day return policy is over at Amazon. The best I can do is go the same vendor again, and swap the bulbs. I will try sealing it myself.

The kick in the ass was I posted a review and amazon rejected it. 

28 mins ago, The Riddler said:

The best I can do is go the same vendor again, and swap the bulbs. I will try sealing it myself.

Just throwing this out there; There's usually some venting going on, vent goes down @ install, if you need to reseal make sure there's some kind of venting or you'll get condensation in the bulb housing....

58 mins ago, BillZ said:

Just throwing this out there; There's usually some venting going on, vent goes down @ install, if you need to reseal make sure there's some kind of venting or you'll get condensation in the bulb housing....

I don't know. I am guessing for the light failure was from rain going inside. What happens with ipx7 standards?  There a vent there too?

3 mins ago, The Riddler said:

I don't know. I am guessing for the light failure was from rain going inside. What happens with ipx7 standards?  There a vent there too?

yeah  I don't know how they do that, just threw that out there as food for thought.... I just know from my own experiences, i had some leakage in one of my fog lights & sealed it so tight it didn't breathe? had condensation all the time till i replaced the whole thing...

1 hour ago, Bob C. said:

OEM baby, OEM

Where did you find oem? I looked up Tacoma Pro and cannot find the grill lights. Are you sure it comes factory or option oem Cannot locate on the Toyota dealership option.

Just pulled out the lights. Clearly there is water that got inside 3 out of the 4. Going to seal the light cover seam on the replacement and monitor. Really have nothing to lose since I am returning the defective ones. 

You could probably blow some compressed air around the outside of that light and see the water inside moving around. You'd be able to see where the water is coming in from at least

Edited by BillZ

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

Where did you find oem? I looked up Tacoma Pro and cannot find the grill lights. Are you sure it comes factory or option oem Cannot locate on the Toyota dealership option.

you have to buy the entire grill

27 mins ago, Bob C. said:

you have to buy the entire grill

Already have the grill. That makes absolutely zero sense not to have the lights to buy. What happens when the lights burn out?  Buy a new grill? 

Edited by The Riddler