LockedDrag

Daiwa SP Minnow

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Is it just me or did the price jump up $1 and the hardware look beefier than they usually do? Split ring is substantially larger than usual to the eye and a thicker hook

I’ll never trust factory hooks and split rings, even if they bump up the size of them.  I only would trust custom wood plug builders hooks.  Even then sometimes I replace them with Mustad 5x or Vmc 6X trebles.

They did upgrade.  I believe over a year ago.  It took awhile for the supply to turn over I guess.  Its certainly an improvement.

I’ve bought multiples at once and got mixed hardware. They were different colors, but the price was the same. This was like september

I grabbed a couple new ones recently. I'll have to dig them up and check the hardware . Unless it's real beefy I'll probably replace it anyway.

Posted (edited) · Report post

They switched their hardware over a year ago, its hit or miss if its new or old stock though that you get still. I havent gotten any with old hardware in a while though. They changed when the new colors were released in 2019. They use vmc hooks and split rings now. I emailed to confirm with them when i noticed they looked different, i could probably even dig up the email still.

I replaced a ton of hooks on my sps last year and could help but feel like the box of vmcs i was putting on looked identical to what was already on the new plugs in front of me. Thats when i emailed and confirmed id wasted perfectly good hooks thinking i was upgrading

Edited by Mlima5

8 hours ago, Mlima5 said:

They switched their hardware over a year ago, its hit or miss if its new or old stock though that you get still. I havent gotten any with old hardware in a while though. They changed when the new colors were released in 2019. They use vmc hooks and split rings now. I emailed to confirm with them when i noticed they looked different, i could probably even dig up the email still.

I replaced a ton of hooks on my sps last year and could help but feel like the box of vmcs i was putting on looked identical to what was already on the new plugs in front of me. Thats when i emailed and confirmed id wasted perfectly good hooks thinking i was upgrading

Spot on.  VMC thanks you.