adoboboy

Anyone use the PBX II X2GSU110M-2 or X2GSU100M-2 blanks?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was hoping to get some info regarding these blanks. I was looking for a blank to build so I can pair it with a 1st Gen Torque 5. I sold most of my "heavier" rods and all I have left is a 9'6 Shimano Tiralejo rated up to 3oz that could barely cast 2.5 ounces. I recently built a 9'6 suzuki for a VR50 so was hoping for something that can throw heavier lures and Bucktails up to 3 ounces. If it can throw SP's comfortably too, that would be even better.  I am new to Rod Building so please bear with me. I had my eye on the Lami XRA 1322 on clearance, but the fact that the tip is a size 10 and a couple ounces heavier, I dunno, I wanted to use smaller runners for a relatively lighter build. I am also interested in the 10 to 11 foot Surf Blanks by Rd Geeks, so please let me know if those would be better than these PBX blanks. Thanks in advance!

It's the same as the American Tackle Surf Series. That being said I built and fish a 110M-2. Rated 1-4oz.  I have cast everything from unweighted 9" sluggos to Joe Bags Patriot with 3oz leadheads or Gags whip it fish. It excels at chucking and fishing Guppy 2 3/4oz. You can really power the rod with a guppy. Did also fish a big Tsunami floating talking popper of the beach. Worked it well.  Guides  used were AMTACK "K" guides. 2 or 3 double foot then singles. Will check when I get home tonight. It's an OK all around rod. Ive used it on the beach and canal. Can't say how it will handle a big fish as we all know those were far and few between.  I did catch plenty

sub legal fish and  didn't feel under gunned throwing the Joe Bags/Al gags in the current at the canal. Reel was a cheap Cabelas Long cast surf reel with 40lb PP. Will upgrade to a 8000 size shimano this year.

Oh I did toss big Deadly Dicks into a strong wind in Welfleet also. Chucked them pretty good.

Adoboboy 

On a totally different subject.  Do you still have those Mr Wiggley baits you listed a month or so ago.  I have been looking for some for awhile and came upon your post. 

1 min ago, djrettler said:

Adoboboy 

On a totally different subject.  Do you still have those Mr Wiggley baits you listed a month or so ago.  I have been looking for some for awhile and came upon your post. 

I think I still have them. Did I close the post? 

The PBX series are a great value. I have the 10M and 10H. Had the 11M at one point but gave it to a friend.

If you are looking to throw 2.5 to 3+ go with the 10H. Like Lamis the ratings are off on these blanks. My 10M is great with SS poppers to 2 7/8. However they are not good pencil rods.

Look around the webs and should be able to find these at a reasonable price. Got my last 10M for $77

On 1/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, WorcBoy said:

It's the same as the American Tackle Surf Series. That being said I built and fish a 110M-2. Rated 1-4oz.  I have cast everything from unweighted 9" sluggos to Joe Bags Patriot with 3oz leadheads or Gags whip it fish. It excels at chucking and fishing Guppy 2 3/4oz. You can really power the rod with a guppy. Did also fish a big Tsunami floating talking popper of the beach. Worked it well.  Guides  used were AMTACK "K" guides. 2 or 3 double foot then singles. Will check when I get home tonight. It's an OK all around rod. Ive used it on the beach and canal. Can't say how it will handle a big fish as we all know those were far and few between.  I did catch plenty

sub legal fish and  didn't feel under gunned throwing the Joe Bags/Al gags in the current at the canal. Reel was a cheap Cabelas Long cast surf reel with 40lb PP. Will upgrade to a 8000 size shimano this year.

Oh I did toss big Deadly Dicks into a strong wind in Welfleet also. Chucked them pretty good.

Good to know these blanks are good for 2.5 plus lures which is what I'm looking for. Not too worried about big fish, they never liked me anyway. Thanks so much. 

23 mins ago, LowEnd said:

The PBX series are a great value. I have the 10M and 10H. Had the 11M at one point but gave it to a friend.

If you are looking to throw 2.5 to 3+ go with the 10H. Like Lamis the ratings are off on these blanks. My 10M is great with SS poppers to 2 7/8. However they are not good pencil rods.

Look around the webs and should be able to find these at a reasonable price. Got my last 10M for $77

This is good to know and thanks for the tip about checking other sites, $77 is crazy. 

The RG rods are a good value as well. Have the 10’6” 3/4 to 4. Throws plugs to 2 5/8 after that it’s mushy. Glass tip is good for pencils.

Here again you might want the 2 to 6 to throw the larger plugs.

The 1 to 4 rods are faster action. 

4 mins ago, LowEnd said:

The RG rods are a good value as well. Have the 10’6” 3/4 to 4. Throws plugs to 2 5/8 after that it’s mushy. Glass tip is good for pencils.

Here again you might want the 2 to 6 to throw the larger plugs.

The 1 to 4 rods are faster action. 

I'm starting to consider the black hole east coast special blanks. Lol. So Griffin hard to decide when your budget is limited. 

13 hours ago, adoboboy said:

Good to know these blanks are good for 2.5 plus lures which is what I'm looking for. Not too worried about big fish, they never liked me anyway. Thanks so much. 

Durable too.

I don't baby my equipment.

I had the 10m. Built it, made 12 casts and snap. Not worth the trouble to warranty. For the few casts I did make, I didnt like it for plugging. The rg is a much better blank.

27 mins ago, i07nyc said:

I had the 10m. Built it, made 12 casts and snap. Not worth the trouble to warranty. For the few casts I did make, I didnt like it for plugging. The rg is a much better blank.

I went with the black hole east coast special. Thanks. 

I’ve found these blanks to be very durable. My 10M handled blues to 15 lbs. My first 10H got bass to 41 lbs. till I closed the door on the tip. My second 10M on its first trip out landed 3 large cow nose rays, broke off several others.

Very happy with the performance vs price on these blanks.