iphish

TB clutch play.....

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Best play yesterday....

a key reason the Buccaneers defeated the Green Bay Packers, 31-26, Sunday in the NFC championship game and are headed for Super Bowl LV.

With only six seconds left on the clock as the first half came to a close, the Bucs had the ball at the Green Bay Packers’ 39-yard-line with a 14-10 lead. Acting conservatively, Bucs head coach Bruce Arians sent the punt team onto the field.

Well, not so fast.

The Bucs called a timeout, as Arians reconsidered. Back onto the field trotted Tom Brady and the rest of the offense. No punting team would be needed.

A very wise decision, indeed.

On the next play — after the officials had put two more seconds on the clock, for the record — Brady connected with Scotty Miller on a 39-yard touchdown pass.

Before the start of the second half, FOX Sports sideline reporter Erin Andrews said she asked Arians about the play and the coach suggested Brady deserved credit for the play.

3 mins ago, jimmy1956 said:

Who you picking in the SB Cheater Fan?

Man you need to get over the cheater thing. You’ve beat that horse to death ten times over. 

1 min ago, gray gables said:

Man you need to get over the cheater thing. You’ve beat that horse to death ten times over. 

Okay lol. Iphish who you picking in the SB?

Better?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Home field advantage, and not betting against Brady. I'm going with the Bucs. Kelce and Hill will have to be dealt with, but Bucs have a good pass rush and 4 great receivers & Fournette.  Anyway, who knows maybe AB will have a bust-out game too. 

Maybe Gronk will throw a Sergio brown out of the club moment

Edited by iphish

30 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

:agree:

Stick to bad jokes. Although your team did better this and should be better next year. Not saying much though lol.

Just now, jimmy1956 said:

Stick to bad jokes. Although your team did better this and should be better next year. Not saying much though lol.

I'm out of the JOKE business. :moon: The GOAT has been great all year,. Mahomes also has been great and can run. TB's defense are going to have their hands full. Going to be a good game. My money is on the GOAT.

26 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I'm out of the JOKE business. :moon: The GOAT has been great all year,. Mahomes also has been great and can run. TB's defense are going to have their hands full. Going to be a good game. My money is on the GOAT.

I think what you meant was he has been great the last half of the season. It wasn't that long ago his team was 7-5

The real reason Brady got to throw that pass.

Arians said. “I allow him to be himself. Like, New England didn’t allow him to coach. I allow him to coach. I just sit back sometimes and watch.”

Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes previously have met four times, splitting the games. The biggest victory in their head-to-head meetings thus far obviously came two years ago when the Patriots beat the Chiefs in overtime in the AFC Championship Game.

After that 37-31 Patriots’ victory, Brady went to the Chiefs’ locker room to speak to Mahomes.

“Well, I would say it was unique,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said, via Charles Goldman of USA Today. “I mean he didn’t have to do that. He is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, and he surely didn’t have to come over and say a word. But he did that, and I think for a young quarterback to have somebody of his stature do that, I think was a tremendous gesture, and it was heartfelt. He didn’t have to do it, and he wasn’t putting on a show. There was nobody there to really see it, so it was really just his respect for Pat and in return, Pat’s respect for him.”

Mahomes, who was 6 1/2 years old when Brady won his first Super Bowl, said Brady offered words of encouragement.

“Yeah, it kind of just reemphasized that I was doing things the right way,” Mahomes said. “That I was putting in the right work, and that I would have more opportunities to be in these games. I’ve been lucky enough to be in two more of them since and win both of those.”

9 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

Before the start of the second half, FOX Sports sideline reporter Erin Andrews said she asked Arians about the play and the coach suggested Brady deserved credit for the play.

16 hours ago, Riverboat33 said:

Arians said. “I allow him to be himself. Like, New England didn’t allow him to coach. I allow him to coach. I just sit back sometimes and watch.”

Why did Arians through shade on Belichick ?

Why did Belichick tell the greatest QB to ever live, Shut up and listen ?