Goldy

The mikes market in WTS

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Why does it now seem like this is buy it now section on ebay?

mikes plugs are still available. Hard to to get but still available 

I recommend NO ONE pays over his sites prices plus 10%. 

this ia not a personal attack on a person just a fact and advice for folks. 

Edited by Goldy

44 mins ago, Goldy said:

Why does it now seem like this is buy it now section on ebay?

mikes plugs are still available. Hard to to get but still available 

I recommend NO ONE pays over his sites prices plus 10%. 

this ia not a personal attack on a person just a fact and advice for folks. 

A 140$ for a darter? Lmao on that post. 

2 mins ago, gray gables said:

A 140$ for a darter? Lmao on that post. 

And the other thread.  No names here. It’s about what is happening.  Mikes is still around.   People should not be going nuts and paying that kind of money.  

8 mins ago, gray gables said:

Yeah the 150$ for the Ben was mind boggling. That’s more than what grs are going for now. 

The plugs are out there and mike builds.  People just need to be patient.  Cant have the market going sideways. 

People are welcome to pay whatever they want for anything they want, this is America :wave: Nobody needs to tell people what they should and shouldn't do. If some fool is willing to part with $150 for a plug, that's between the fool and his wallet - it's absolutely nobody else's business or concern. 

I'm baffled by this new price police thing going on - why would anyone care what someone else is willing to pay for something?

TimS

I like that term. Price police.  Yes this is america.   It just throws the entire market off when someone buys at that price.  I got stacks of cash doesnt mean im throwin 150 or 160 down.   

mikes plugs are hard to get.  I get it.  But man all you gotta do is email the guy and ask him how long until you get to these plugs and get lucky.   

I also think what this does is the builder now looks at it and goes wow i can get 150 my new price is 150 or im going to start my own waffle page or auction site.   And the normal guy who wants to fish his plugs are like no way.  

2 mins ago, Goldy said:

I like that term. Price police.  Yes this is america.   It just throws the entire market off when someone buys at that price.  I got stacks of cash doesnt mean im throwin 150 or 160 down.   

mikes plugs are hard to get.  I get it.  But man all you gotta do is email the guy and ask him how long until you get to these plugs and get lucky.   

I also think what this does is the builder now looks at it and goes wow i can get 150 my new price is 150 or im going to start my own waffle page or auction site.   And the normal guy who wants to fish his plugs are like no way.  

Yeah another plug maker tried that and it backfired in his face. 

22 mins ago, gray gables said:

Yeah another plug maker tried that and it backfired in his face. 

Well he did start his own auction. What happening now?  Are all the guys just dumping them because they are too much of a headache

Just now, Goldy said:

Well he did start his own auction. What happening now?  Are all the guys just dumping them because they are too much of a headache

When he started that auction site he was getting ridiculous prices for stuff. Not anymore though prices have cooled off. I’m sure covid isn’t helping either. 

28 mins ago, Goldy said:

Then they stop selling and the price goes down. That's how the market works. Folks can ask for any prices they want - if they don't get it, they'll drop the price until they sell. That's between the buyer and the seller, not the price police. Nobody is buying $150 plugs to fish - they are hoping to get $200 for it down the road.

6 mins ago, gray gables said:

Oh and another thing I’ll never knock his plugs fishing wise because they flat out catch. I’ve caught tons of bass on them on the canal. 

True. I was talking yo skinner at surfday two years ago and he looked at fisherman hqrs wall who had two tables across from him and said. You see those (as he pointed to superstrikes / cordells) those are all you need to catch bass.  
so i said. Why you pumping a guy who buys stuff from china and stamps his name on it.  Booyahh. But he does have a point

It's pretty simple, if you don't like someone's price then don't buy it.  No one goes to a flea market and argues with the guy or criticizes his price to his face.  Make an offer and move on.  Telling someone that what they are selling in public is a veiled attempt at trying to make the market the value that YOU deem rather than letting the market set itself.  I have seen stuff sell for crazy money that I would never expect to do so.  Let a man set his price and sell his goods, or not sell them at a price that the market will not bear.  This works another way too.  I have seen people make offers of $5 less only to watch the item sell for asking.  Was that $5 really that important that they lost something they wanted for less than the cost of a sandwich? Was it just worth the $5 less to you or were they attempting to "win" in some way and it backfired?