djrettler

Mr Whiggley

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I  am looking for anyone selling, or making the Dahlberg Mr Whiggley swim bait.  I am a Muskie fisherman in the mid west.  The river Muskie I fish for love these baits.  I have tried to find these baits for months without success.  If anyone has any information I would be grateful. 

1 hour ago, djrettler said:

I  am looking for anyone selling, or making the Dahlberg Mr Whiggley swim bait.  I am a Muskie fisherman in the mid west.  The river Muskie I fish for love these baits.  I have tried to find these baits for months without success.  If anyone has any information I would be grateful. 

I believe they were discontinued.

7 hours ago, djrettler said:

I was hoping to find a lead on someone who is making them.

That will be tough.

Your best option might be to try and make them yourself. Could be worth it.

43 mins ago, djrettler said:

Who makes the best 9 inch rubber shad bait?

Lunker City makes a 10" Fin S. A little tougher less action, but off the shelf it's worth trying out. I would recommend the Owner Beast Hook 10/0.  You can buy it weighted or unweighted. The Hook will act like a keel to get it to dart when twitched.

4CD2AA97-FA1D-497F-B531-E508B2ADC45F.jpeg

73144F2F-EA52-4CB8-837A-F7CA76750741.png

I gave a brand new pack to a friend 3 or 4 years ago when they were in stores.... he was supposed to make a mold and reproduce them 

I'm still waiting-  but thanks for reminding me

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, djrettler said:

I have loved the extreme movement I was able to get on a Mr Wiggley.  I would like to be able to duplicate that amount of bait movement.

I remember seeing someone cut a core out of a sluggo so they could rig it with 2 hooks or put it on a jig without splitting it.

if you cut a core out of you favorite shad diagonally (from the head to the belly), then glue a coffee stirrer in place, you’ll be able to pass the line through without ripping up the body on every cast.   Once you pass the line through and use a treble, you’ll be pulling on the mid section of the bait and pushing the head through the water rather than dragging the head like a screw in hook.  You’ll get a more erratic swim that way

you’ll just need to figure out how to core the bait- it’s on this site somewhere...

edit: found the post about coring a sluggo...

Edited by Fitzy

5 hours ago, djrettler said:

Does anyone rig large plastic shad with treble hooks that detach with hookups.  What is the action like on the shad?

As I said, look up the Savage line through shad.