ooeric

FS: 13' Century Tip Tornado Low Diameter. TTLD. Mk1

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sold my Century C3LD here last year. Now its my Century TTLD.  I used both rods together TTLD for 2-5oz work. C3 for heavy work, 5-10.

Rod is 13' long. Does not have a reducer. Was not designed to use one.

Mark1 generation.  Bought when it was first released. This was a big deal as most beach rods were 25-30mm diameter then.  This debuted at 19mm. Much slimmer but with similar power of the fat version rods. Even today, its still a slim rod compared to newer ones.

Awesome slim rod (hence low diameter name) for 2-5oz and bait. Easily does powerful pendulum casts with bait.  Really put baits far out. Basic casting styles will handle up to 7nbait, still puts bait extremely far out.

Has nice rod action. Best description is heavy power, moderately fast but not too fast. Lightning quick tip recovery like all Century UK beach rods. Its a good fishing tip basically, not too stiff. Itll handle very big fish and wont fold over. Ive done big rays in the summertime on it that weighed up to 80lbs.

Has normal usage marks but no crazy stuff.  Some of the shrink tubing on handle got torn off when i was putting stuff away for the season.  You can replace or electrical tape it for simple fix (then use tape as a ruler marker)

I took pic of lifted piece. No damage to butt.

Regardless this LD rod is extremely well built as all century UK rods. Durable as heck.

Apparently a quick search indicates locally US shops sell similar range models at $800+ in shops. And no stock. Wow...

Im selling $380 shipped fedex. $350 local in NYC.

Edit. Added pics

Note please do not go by century website pic.

That is a mk2 model which is also discontinued.  Just added for its spec.

Mk1 uses fuji bhng guides.

Also it has 2 coasters cause the sliding seat sucks and long removed.

Screenshot_20210124-102256_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-092223_Chrome.jpg

20210124_111252.jpg

20210124_111314.jpg

20210124_111303.jpg

20210124_111320.jpg

20210124_111339.jpg

20210124_111348.jpg

20210124_111234.jpg

Edited by ooeric

@Bassadana

The original are the fuji BHNG.

I could not find a copy of the original century site listing.

So i snapshot the most recent and crossed off the unrelated bit to this mark 1 rod.

The rings with the green shock inserts.

The refresh mk2 came with fuji titanium mk3 then came with cheaper amtac titanium alloy ones.

I actually prefer mk1 over the next two. I had all 3 versions. Im not sure if they changed the resins inside during the time. But it felt whippier like it lost a little power.

Then they discontinued this rod because the UK market likes “big bad heavy ass rods because i am a macho man giant e-penis and can throw further then the next guy using a 15ft broomstick” mentality.

The TTLD is 1 out of 4 rods i really liked for its actually fishability, castability, and not feeling dull or like a broomstick.

And not surprisingly, century discontinued all 4 due to the same above reason of the UK market mentality.

Edited by ooeric

I have the larger diameter in 13' and the FMA 13'. No rush but when you can a pic of the Stripper, runners and tip. Got to know what guides are on it.

The ttld is very different from the Supermatch regular. That bends only in the top third even with a big fish.

Ive used every rod from the UK lineup.

Its more similar to the 2 new graphex supermatch LDs i sold 3 weeks ago.

This ttld can bend down to the lower middle on full load.

Its definitely has more backbone then the fma which is a few steps lower in power.

So itll sit right in the middle of both your rods.

Ill go take pics now.

14 mins ago, Bassadana said:

Thanks

Added pics.  It was my go to rod for most fishing days under 7 mph winds.  So itll have some standard rod marks over the years.  Its freezing outside so i couldnt attach a line to bend a full load picture. Please understand. 

Ill throw in a century sticker aldo

16115057834739091425633249808460.jpg

Edited by ooeric

Its a factory build. Not a custom. Theres no problem with bhng guides.

If century can stick with using them the last 10-15 years. It works.

Ok you got it.  Ill electrical tape the ripped spot so youll know exactly where it is.  Hopefully it lands on a legal limit size number. Eg. 24 26 28 etc.  Use it like a ruler.