FEW3

Are we fighting natural selection and destroying human existence

Rate this topic

178 posts in this topic

Someone I spoke with the other day brought this fact up. Our planet has been balanced up until a couple centuries ago.

Now, we are in the stage of keeping ourselves alive for as long as possible despite serving our usefull lifespans. 

Im just taking the devils advocate side. 

Abortions would probably be non-existent if the average person passed around 50. 

The need for medicine would be non-existent just because natural selection would eliminate it.

Im 46 or 47 ish, Im getting to that societal burden age.  Would these diseases i.prove the lives of the children if they had run their course?.

Yes, SOL would be a fraction of its membership if natural selection took priority over medical intervention, but, would it be better if our elders were gone, if our elders were no longer draining the teet our children are so thirsty for.  As elders that have served a purpose, would it not be beneficial if our children were nourished by our remains?

Discuss.

If we left nature in charge, there would be no need for insulin, antibiotics, chemotherapy, depends, etc, etc, etc ...

Change my mind.

2 mins ago, dena said:

In a word, yes.

How many people are alive today because of modern medicine?

Every one is messing stuff up.

A majority. I would probably have died decades ago from infection when I fell under that tractor,  but, that would have affected the population in the way nature intended. 

I do not expect a favorable response from many here. 

I won't be the favorite at the ditch fling this year. But seriously,

What do  you contribute to the world that makes you indispensable?.

16 mins ago, dena said:

In a word, yes.

How many people are alive today because of modern medicine?

Every one is messing stuff up.

I am!, Im taking BP meds, and have a 124 year family history of cardiac death. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

There are a real few intelligent humans that have kept a lot of the moderately intelligent and a lot of lazy, worthless, stupid humans alive a lot longer than they should be...I would personally like to thank those few.

Edited by SIC34
Sp

Some have argued that the old timers clam/oyster/tog/and bass fish so they can give it to friends and family. 

That alone  does more damage to our fisheries than Commercial or Recreational fishermen. My Dad does the same thing, not so much now, but he gave me the best oyster bisque he ever made and it was oysters his old ass harvested. But, other than smelling like old fisherman , what does our elderly contribute to the world?

10 mins ago, SIC34 said:

There are a real few intelligent humans that have kept a lot of moderately intelligent and a lot of lazy, worthless,  stupid humans a lot longer than the should be...I would personally like to thank those few.

APronoun

I just wonder if we are screwing with natural selection by our dependence on man made substances and that we produce more methane than the cattle on our plains do. 

Im lucky to be alive considering the lifespan of man over the past few years, but what do we contribute after the age of usefulness and burden less existence?

1 hour ago, FEW3 said:

Now, we are in the stage of keeping ourselves alive for as long as possible despite serving our usefull lifespans. 

Taking into consideration how ****ing imbecilic and useless most of the younger people are today, thank god us middle aged and older folk are still around.

Cause the average college ****ing genius nowadays can't even find the spare tire in their vehicle, let alone actually change it.