coastalfreak

Show me your “beater” setups.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would love to see you guys’ beater setups - the low price, high functionality, zero worry setups you use for surf, inshore, whatever it may be. My current one is a Pflueger President 40 (given to me by a very generous member on the forum) along with a 7’ Heavy Whuppin Stick. I use it for inshore bottom fishing. 

Edited by coastalfreak

Lamiglas Gsb or ODM Evolution with a VSX200 on it. Beater is a beater. You spend good money on the best gear you can, why baby it? Amiright? 

14 mins ago, Shhh....Now said:

yeah yeah Yeahhhh !!!

It currently needs a tip 3 new guides and a anti reverse gear and a dog. Its only a beater cause its what i use while putting down a 12packs pier fishing lol

These aren’t necessarily beater reels but beater rods. The gold one is an H2O Express Bait Rod with an Abu 5600 C4 (unfortunately, I can’t find it anywhere, hope I find it soon. I really enjoy it). I also have a special place in my heart for the Ugly Stik Lite Pro 7’ Medium Casting with that baitcaster. Both were cheap, and the baitcasters starting to sound rough but it gets the job down without too many issues. 

355D6483-AA49-477A-B67D-8578E681805A.jpeg

7C88E70C-059A-4835-B990-BEF10C5F564C.jpeg

40666512-DD6C-419B-B091-DEDDB5674C61.jpeg

Posted (edited) · Report post

A n obsolete plunger conventional I think a 1200 series size 30 on a 12 foot diawa surf rod ....I only paid 60$ for the rod and it casts more than ample ,reel still works fine ...I bring it as a second..still catch fish with it 

Edited by Surf bomber