Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoliFish

Adding Latex Cuffs To a Top????

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have a top that I really enjoy EXCEPT the neoprene cuffs allow too much water intrusion.  Wet undersleeves drive me nuts!!!  Anyone ever tried to permanently add latex cuffs to a top/jacket?  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've replaced both my latex neck and latex cuffs on my Kokatat/NRS dry top.  It's not to difficult to do, just take your time doing it. Kokatat, NRS I believe sells the replacement latex neck and cuffs. I attached the process that I wrote a few years back.  It's not perfect but it worked well for me.

Steve

drytoprepair.doc

Edited by Tiderunner2

You can absolutely do this. Buy a set of Latex cuffs on amazon for less than 20 bucks. You will need to leave 1" or 2" of the neoprene material. Aqua seal will adhere the latex to neoprene. 

The latex cuff on one of my jackets ripped.  I took it to a local dive shop and they replaced the cuffs for me for short money.  

6 hours ago, The Riddler said:

You can absolutely do this. Buy a set of Latex cuffs on amazon for less than 20 bucks. You will need to leave 1" or 2" of the neoprene material. Aqua seal will adhere the latex to neoprene. 

Thanks.  The cuffs on the top are neoprene and hopefully wide enough.

2 hours ago, DZ said:

The latex cuff on one of my jackets ripped.  I took it to a local dive shop and they replaced the cuffs for me for short money.  

Thanks DZ.  I Talked to a dive shop today and they said it’s possible depending on material.  The concern they have is the adhesive might bleed through the breathable material of the sleeve.  Maybe that will be solved by adhering to the neoprene per Riddler above.