Draekon

New 2021 Daiwa Certate SW

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

As of our breaking news, DAIWA has announced 21 Certate SW.

This is for bigger saltwater game fishing, with the size variety from #8000 – 18000 with multiple gear ratio.

Aluminium Monocoque Body with fat large drive gear, with ZAION Air Rotor is like 20 SALTIGA body + 15 SALTIGA rotor.

This model will be released at March, 2021 and only 18000-H will be at April.

Daiwa Japan - '21 Certate SW 

210122_daiwanewrelease.jpg

Translated Text:
The large-size CERTATE
SW finally debuted as a pronoun certate of tough spinning.
At the heart of the tough MQ(monocoque) body is
equipped with a large and thicker G1 Duralumin taff digigear.
It demonstrates high durability and smooth winding comfort.
The ZAION air rotor combines strength and low inertia at a high level
to support high-response jerking and retreating with a nimble and powerful winding.
Magsealed's high waterproof performance ensures long-lasting initial performance.
Drag performance is a new generation drag system that is more than 200% durable than conventional ones.
Drag click sound is a big sound specification that resounds.
Lc-ABS, which demonstrates flight distance and excellent
trouble-less performance, greatly changes the cast feel so far.
The casting-based high gear model
uses a high-grip egg knob, and the jigging-based power gear model uses a lightweight round EVA knob.

DAIWA TECHNOLOGY

Technology

MagShield
A waterproof structure that shuts out the intrusion of seawater and dust by creating a wall of oil with magnetism in the gap between the body and the rotor. Since the body and rotor are non-contact, light and smooth rotation is maintained for a long time while maintaining the initial rotation performance. Many of the causes of rotational noise are the invasion of salted ganes and foreign objects. Of course, there are cases where it occurs because it is dropped into water too much, but except in such cases, the rotational noise rate of the magshielded reel has greatly decreased. Moreover, this ratio is appearing in the data as a big difference as time goes by after the appearance of magshield. This means that the longer you use it, the more effective it will be. In other words, it proves that the dustproof and waterproofing capability of the mag shield is at a very high level. Certate SW is used for the main shaft part. In particular, a mag shield ball bearing is mounted on the line roller part.

Monocoque Body
Conventionally, spinning reels support both ends of the drive gear with the body and body cover, and fix it with several screws. From this structure, with the aim of further improving accuracy and rigidity, the monocoque body was fixed by removing the body cover and screwing a high-precision plate directly into the body. This improves gear support accuracy and improves rigidity and airtightness. In addition, we succeeded in expanding the size of the drive gear to the limit by utilizing the space previously taken by the screw. Monocoque body means MONO ( one ) - COQUE (shell). The all-new shape, symbolizing the toughness of a single shell, breaks the common sense of reel construction. Certate SW considers its light weight against the background of its sufficient rigidity, and achieves the optimal best balance with an eye on targets in medium size (8000-14000) and large size (18000).

ATD(オートマチックドラグシステム)
Atd
A new generation drag system that works smoothly and continues to work smoothly according to the pull of fish. In large spinning, a setting that suppresses drag force decrease during fighting. Both were developed with the goal of being able to focus on fighting without worrying about drag settings. CERTATE SW has significantly increased the number of drag washers (carbon) to 7 medium sizes and 9 large sizes, thoroughly improving drag MAX and thoroughly pursuing durability and heat dissipation to withstand the sprinting of large fish. In addition, a large drag knob is adopted, and the knob also realizes a large and comfortable operation.

G1 Duralumin Taff Digigear

G1 Duralumin Taff DigiGear combines strength and light weight.
The gear size is about 12% increase in the outer diameter of the gear and 55% increase in thickness compared to the previous model.
Large diameter gear that can be made because it is a monocoque body. The tooth surface shape is also large, and the meshing with the pinion is smooth. As a result, silky rotation lasts and powerful winding is demonstrated.
Left: The hyper digigear that has been installed so far is hard and has excellent strength, but it is heavy.
Right: The G1 duralumin taff digigear (ultra-high strength aluminum) combines strength and light weight.

ZAION Air Rotor

All sizes of ZAION air rotors realize low inertia (inertia) and weight reduction. As a result, the first speed in the handle rotation is light and the retrieve with good response is possible.

LC-ABS (Long Cast-ABS)

Abs II's philosophy of reducing contact resistance is intact, and smoother line emission is achieved by pressing the contacts in front of it. The effect of the ring part going forward made it difficult for the line to get on the ring, and improved the flight distance UP and trouble-less by about 5% more than the conventional ABS II. It is a next-generation ABS spool that realizes LC (= LONG CAST).

Handle knob

The handle knob corresponds to the L size. The high gear (H/XH), which is the main casting game, uses a high-grip egg type. Firmly grips, pursuing the ideal shape that is hard to get out of the hand completely. Eva round type is adopted for the power gear (P) which is the main jigging. With a shape that is easy to control, it achieves both operability and stability of gripping.

Tough Air Veil

"Air veil" has greatly improved lightness by making it hollow structure. In addition, the unique line slider shape greatly reduces the tangle around the bale. "Tough Air Veil" thickens the wall thickness of stainless steel material and increases strength by about 4 times, and has about 13 times more durability by the same weight than titanium solid material. In addition, by eliminating the step with the arm lever part, line trouble is greatly eliminated. (The bale return method is manual)

Rotor brakes

By braking the rotation of the rotor when the bale is opened, a mechanism prevents unexpected veil return due to the steering wheel moving due to shock during casting.

New number system

2021.....tick tock!...CERTATE SW (*replaces CATALINA) vs TWIN POWER SW !!!.

8000 to 14k with 25kg drag, price ~73000¥ (85k certate 18k) for class of ~ 50 kg tuna and gt....75mm/80 handle and egg/round knob like stella/saltiga (there is no certate 14k pg).

Still a little strange (and annoying) that Daiwa hasn't released any smaller 4000 / 5000 / 6000 sized reels in the new Saltiga series, and now in this new Certate SW series.  Hopefully they will.  The Certate LT 5000 is nice but not nearly as strong as a Saltiga in that size. 

If you spend like 200 more you can get yourself the saltiga so I don't understand why they price it around 700 dollar. They should have price it around 500 to compete against the twinpower.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, RockRonin said:

It may be doable. Looking for a reel that fits between my 5500Slammers and my 14K Saltiga.

You can buy an 8k spool for the Saltiga and save some $. I think 8k spools are lighter by 10 grams or so. 8k - 14k spools are interchangeable... Unless you plan on fishing with all of your $$$ reels at once.

I really like my Certate LT 5000. More so than the Saltiga and Stella in terms of smoothness. I’m planning to take it out on a deep drop to see how it handles big fish (King macks and sharks are caught often). Not sure if Certate SW will be as smooth, but man, it’s enjoyable reeling in the Certate LT.

Edited by hobbyisterisis

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, kuro said:

If you spend like 200 more you can get yourself the saltiga so I don't understand why they price it around 700 dollar. They should have price it around 500 to compete against the twinpower.

I said the same thing in a earlier thread about this reel.  I guessed correct it was a catalina replacement.  And said why save 200 also. Lol

They dont need it to compete with the twinpower bracket.  This reel is going to be a direct stella competitor with the saltiga being pushed into a tier above it.

Its already an apples to oranges comparison at this point.

Edited by ooeric

There are other new reels from Daiwa. It is just that the Certate SW was the only one I am excited about.

Caldia LT
img_210122_caldialt.jpg
Freams LT

img_210122_freams.jpg

Basara

img_210122_basara.jpg

Steez A TW HLC

img_210122_steeza.jpg

Tierra A IC

img_210122_tierraic.jpg

Kohga IC
img_210122_kohgaic.jpg

In New Zealand, the 20 Saltiga is NZ $1549 and the Certate SW is $1049. This price difference seems pretty large to me and suggests the Saltiga could be overpriced. 

I have a 20 Saltiga already, but if doing it again, I'd probably go for a Certate SW. I was a fan of the Catalina, even though the paint was hopeless. 

On 1/23/2021 at 6:19 PM, JoeP said:

Still a little strange (and annoying) that Daiwa hasn't released any smaller 4000 / 5000 / 6000 sized reels in the new Saltiga series, and now in this new Certate SW series.  Hopefully they will.  The Certate LT 5000 is nice but not nearly as strong as a Saltiga in that size. 

I’m pretty bummed there was no 4-6k Saltiga released this year. I’m hoping maybe they’ll release it this summer or fall