Starting Pikie plugs

Rate this topic

TimeAndTide

A fishing goal of mine this year is to add a Pikie or two to my plug arsenal and learn how to fish them 

I enjoy fishing metal lips like Dannys, and have a few but no Pikie plugs 

so my question: Pikie makers, styles and or sizes for someone starting out with this new style of plug? 

For context I’m fishing mostly NJ sand beaches, with the occasional jetty trips. 

thanks for the advice! 

First question I'd ask is why do you want to fish a pikie? Just to try one or because you think they'd be good for the conditions you fish?

Not a lot readily available so that kind of limits answers anyway. Might have to agree with ASrod and say get an Afterhours Sr Pikie (his Jr pikie is a totally different plug to me, dives down where the Sr stays shallow or on the surface).

8 hours ago, TimeAndTide said:

A fishing goal of mine this year is to add a Pikie or two to my plug arsenal and learn how to fish them 

I enjoy fishing metal lips like Dannys, and have a few but no Pikie plugs 

so my question: Pikie makers, styles and or sizes for someone starting out with this new style of plug? 

For context I’m fishing mostly NJ sand beaches, with the occasional jetty trips. 

thanks for the advice! 

I would look into getting a jigman pikie. They are affordable and work great. You could go to the BST forums and start a wtb or a wtt thread to get your hands on one.

troll #122  <*)))<