bob_G

Executive order, masks mandated on federal property

Rate this topic

126 posts in this topic

This means masks will be mandated on the canal until further notice.   Going to be interesting to see how and if this will be enforced.

38 mins ago, bob_G said:

This means masks will be mandated on the canal until further notice.   Going to be interesting to see how and if this will be enforced.

The corp was already mandated the help wear mask last summer , that was related to me last year by several of family campers I know that have contracts to keep it clean all summer.  It may be much harder to enforce on the those who visit. Peace and Prayers

1 min ago, Angler #1 said:

The corp was already mandated the help wear mask last summer , that was related to me last year by several of family campers I know that have contracts to keep it clean all summer.  It may be much harder to enforce on the those who visit. Peace and Prayers

I realized all ACOE employees needed to wear masks.   Biden's new executive order puts teeth in the mandate, stating all people on federal property wear masks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Technically, at the moment, masks are already mandated outdoors in public by the governor. Unless that's lapsed and I didn't hear.

Of course that mandate does not appear to be enforced and compliance is pretty low.

With numbers coming down, in theory, that state mandate would hopefully be lifted by striper season.

I don't know how long the federal mandate is intended to last or if it will be lifted if numbers improve. 

Edited by mikez2

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

If Joe's able to follow through with "100 million vaccinations in 100 days", it probably won't be  an issue by the time the canal starts heating up in June.

By the end of last summer and fall, most walkers, joggers, sightseers and bikers were wearing masks at the canal any way.

Baker is lifting the 9:30 curfew beginning Monday so he thinks things are trending in the right direction. Still limiting capacities to 25%

6 hours ago, zak-striper said:

If Joe's able to follow through with "100 million vaccinations in 100 days", it probably won't be  an issue by the time the canal starts heating up in June.

By the end of last summer and fall, most walkers, joggers, sightseers and bikers were wearing masks at the canal any way.

The chances of that actually happening are pretty slim

That may be joes "wall"

2 hours ago, riggler said:

The chances of that actually happening are pretty slim

That may be joes "wall"

Stories are coming out that supplies are running out. Some places are canceling appointments and not taking new ones.

Allegedly Biden didn't find out until yesterday the true nature of the situation. 

I'm concerned because I just heard father got his first shot yesterday but my mother doesn't go until next week. No idea why they didn't go together. I hope her appointment doesn't get canceled. They're in Maine. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Edited by TimS
I know you were trying to be funny but you triggered a bunch of people

As an aside, something struck me as I  re-read the mask mandate for what seems like the 1000th time...The outdoors portion of the statement ends with 'when ever social distancing is not possible'. But I'm not going to chance a run in with some power hungry hero wannabe, and just wear it under my chin until I see someone approaching me, when I just slide it up (meaning when I'm outdoors...I wear it over my face full time when indoors, such as being in a store)