mybeach

What do you guys know about North Carolina

Rate this topic

213 posts in this topic

Never easy to know what places are really like to live in. Been searching for a few years now for a new place to live and NC keeps leaping to the front for many reasons.

What can you guys tell me about NC? 

We have a house there. I was working on a navy tracking range for 7 years before 9/11.

We like it. Nice beaches. Mountains to west. 

Takes about 5 hours drive from charlotte to topsail. There's an intercoastal canal that lets boats cruise up to Virginia. 

1 min ago, Kings over Queens said:

North of South Carolina, south of Virginia.  

It's a big state.  Got any towns or counties in specific?  I'd be interested too.

We’re all over the place Mike. Looking at land on water, river lake or sound. 

it’s an open carry state too, which I did not know. 

Been to research triangle area a few times for work, nice area. I would live in Raleigh/Duram not that that’s sayin much 

Places I've been.

Raleigh: Most metropolitanish but still mostly suburbs. College girls. BBQ. 

Charlotte: Had an uncle there who I visted. He took me to a private club where all patrons were rich and white and all staff were black dressed in white. So Charlotte -- Racist AF.

Wilmington: Interesting. Coastal access. Kinda it's own southern coast area vibe. Laid back. Lots of beach towns and lots of natural beachfront.

14 mins ago, mybeach said:

Never easy to know what places are really like to live in. Been searching for a few years now for a new place to live and NC keeps leaping to the front for many reasons.

red within driving distance isnt a plus :read:

12 mins ago, mybeach said:

Thought you were in Hawaii? Why NC?

this is interesting:  Uhaul Migration Trends.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/californiaglobe.com/section-2/uhaul-2020-report-ranks-california-last-on-one-way-arrivals/amp/

4 mins ago, Mike said:

Places I've been.

Raleigh: Most metropolitanish but still mostly suburbs. College girls. BBQ. 

Charlotte: Had an uncle there who I visted. He took me to a private club where all patrons were rich and white and all staff were black dressed in white. So Charlotte -- Racist AF.

Wilmington: Interesting. Coastal access. Kinda it's own southern coast area vibe. Laid back. Lots of beach towns and lots of natural beachfront.

Wilmington is nice

Posted (edited) · Report post

Along, the i believe  Pimlico, sound looked promising ....on the western side before you got to Powell's  they were building condos but continuing further east there were some reasonably priced homes....and we all know there's nothing cheap....wish you luck in your search....not sure where the closest hospitals are if you have health issues

Edited by Surf bomber

We have lived here in HI almost 13 years. 

the COVID really jammed up our plans to relocate last year. 

we need to be back on the mainland for lots of reasons, family being a big one of them.