Lamar Jackson

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

Jumped the shark? 

pretty clear that his style is conducive to crazy regular season stats but not built for the playoffs? He’s a runner that can throw some, not a thrower that can run some. Huge difference. 

What say you? 

( too bad, seems like a good kid. Dumb as a bag of gamers, but a good kid)

Edited by HugeDinghy

Agree about too much run but he has gotten better each year.  Good end of regular season to get in playoffs then a win.  Brees is much more passer than runner but threw just as bad an interception as Jackson had against Bills.  If I was a Ravens fan I'd be glad we had Jackson and would hope for continued improvement.  He is sure fun to watch!

3 hours ago, Mangomania said:

Agree about too much run but he has gotten better each year. 

His passing seriously regressed this season

Edited by Sudsy

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Team fit and performance overshadows everything.  Baltimore is getting better with Jackson.  Houston failed miserably this year but Watson had a great personal season.  I got frustrated with Tannehill with the Dolphins because he always seemed to take a bad sack instead of throwing the incompletion.  Stats aren't as good with Tennessee but with him the team got better.

19 hours ago, Mangomania said:

Agree about too much run but he has gotten better each year.  Good end of regular season to get in playoffs then a win.  Brees is much more passer than runner but threw just as bad an interception as Jackson had against Bills.  If I was a Ravens fan I'd be glad we had Jackson and would hope for continued improvement.  He is sure fun to watch!

brees looked like he couldn't throw the ball 15 yards...he's toast. 

On one of the pre-game shows, they said Lamar is representing himself in contract negotiations.

Is he really a genius in disguise ? 

The biggest fish in the river gets that way by never being caught.

Edward Bloom

Many commentators have made comments about his ability to read situations quickly and some have said he can't communicate an adlib play. A gifted athlete he is but few athlete achieve great success in any sport without game awareness.

On 1/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, RAW said:

Many commentators have made comments about his ability to read situations quickly and some have said he can't communicate an adlib play. A gifted athlete he is but few athlete achieve great success in any sport without game awareness.

Not quite sure what commentators are referring to about "communicating" an ad lib play. Isn't that exactly what an ad lib play is---- uncommunicated? There are few in the league that can do what he does athletically; mentally, well that may be another story but there is no doubt he has ability, he's just not a great passer.

I remember when Terry Bradshaw was playing and folks said he was dumb as a turnip and couldn't play a lick (actually he called all his own plays) but ended up winning 4 Super Bowls. I'm not saying Jackson is a genius but this isn't rocket science nor does it call for the need to think about what's happening on any particular play, just react to the circumstances and make good decisions. The Ravens are better with him than without. I'm not a Raven fan but they certainly have my respect.