scoobydoo

Daiwa Pro Rex 400

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Looks sweet! The 12.2oz weight listed on the website makes me think it's a Tatula 300 variant... The prorex purple is pretty dope. 

Screenshot_20210120-110037_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-110510_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-110451_Instagram.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, Salty Veins said:

I think I like that eye even less than the tribal spider though...

Nothing is worse that that stupid farting spider......Kastking could have a gay chicken as a mascot and that would be cooler.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@scoobydoo

 

I have a tatula 300 and looking at the specs of the Prorex 400 it seems to be bigger than a tatula 300 but equal to specs to a lexa 300 (weight and line capacity).  The tatula 300 is a lot smaller and line capacity vs a lexa 300. So it can possibly be the a new tatula 400ish , if that makes any sense.  Lol I am waiting for the Prorex to land because i have a xxh rod that my Tatula 300 felt to small, but the lexa 300 felt perfect.  So id love to give this prorex a try.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Nothing is worse that that stupid farting spider......Kastking could have a gay chicken as a mascot and that would be cooler.....

 

 

"Easy Lenard .. Go easy man"

 

Like the colors, wishful thinking that its salt safe and has the same specs as a Lexa HD, 

 

Edited by nfnDrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks cool... I just bought the tat 300 and it seems great! I wonder if all speeds are purple or just the 8.1... Interesting reel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, norcalkat said:

@scoobydoo

 

I have a tatula 300 and looking at the specs of the Prorex 400 it seems to be bigger than a tatula 300 but equal to specs to a lexa 300 (weight and line capacity).  The tatula 300 is a lot smaller and line capacity vs a lexa 300. So it can possibly be the a new tatula 400ish , if that makes any sense.  Lol I am waiting for the Prorex to land because i have a xxh rod that my Tatula 300 felt to small, but the lexa 300 felt perfect.  So id love to give this prorex a try.  

Do you have an older Lexa 300?  I no longer have mine.  Felt it was a bit too small for what I wanted to use it for.

I have the new Lexa 300 winn (scrapped the win handle so I don't know what to call it)

Feels much more substantial...where as the new Lexa 400hd compared to my original 400 HD which I still have seems identical.

 

Weird I know.  Gotta grab my old 300hd from my buddy and compare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, norcalkat said:

@scoobydoo

 

I have a tatula 300 and looking at the specs of the Prorex 400 it seems to be bigger than a tatula 300 but equal to specs to a lexa 300 (weight and line capacity).  The tatula 300 is a lot smaller and line capacity vs a lexa 300. So it can possibly be the a new tatula 400ish , if that makes any sense.  Lol I am waiting for the Prorex to land because i have a xxh rod that my Tatula 300 felt to small, but the lexa 300 felt perfect.  So id love to give this prorex a try.  

smaaaat dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Do you have an older Lexa 300?  I no longer have mine.  Felt it was a bit too small for what I wanted to use it for.

I have the new Lexa 300 winn (scrapped the win handle so I don't know what to call it)

Feels much more substantial...where as the new Lexa 400hd compared to my original 400 HD which I still have seems identical.

 

Weird I know.  Gotta grab my old 300hd from my buddy and compare.

I have the following reels 

 

tatula 300

tranx 300/400

lexa hd 300/400

 

Out of these the Tatula is definitely the smallest.   the Lexa 300 is probably around the same size as the tranx 400.  
 

If they made a tatula 400 I would be all over it, that’s why when I saw this proRex and the specs it look like a bigger size tatula 300( 1oz more/ id imagine in spool size) 

 

The pro Rex looks promising to me because I feel it’ll be in the right size for one of my rods that I use to throw 10 ounce to 14 ounce Swimbaits using 100 pound braid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

smaaaat dude

I just like having certain applications dialed in there’s a reason I have over 30 rods and about the same amount of reels that II constantly use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 mins ago, norcalkat said:

I just like having certain applications dialed in there’s a reason I have over 30 rods and about the same amount of reels that II constantly use

There will be even more for you chew on in a few months. :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

There will be even more for you chew on in a few months. :howdy:

I’d love to see one of these new low pro reels come with a bait clicker... any chance of that in the future? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, TJones said:

I’d love to see one of these new low pro reels come with a bait clicker... any chance of that in the future? :D

Okuma Komodo does. Thought one of the Lexas did at one point too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.