scoobydoo

Daiwa Pro Rex 400

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Looks sweet! The 12.2oz weight listed on the website makes me think it's a Tatula 300 variant... The prorex purple is pretty dope. 

Screenshot_20210120-110037_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-110510_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-110451_Instagram.jpg

10 mins ago, Salty Veins said:

I think I like that eye even less than the tribal spider though...

Nothing is worse that that stupid farting spider......Kastking could have a gay chicken as a mascot and that would be cooler.....

@scoobydoo

I have a tatula 300 and looking at the specs of the Prorex 400 it seems to be bigger than a tatula 300 but equal to specs to a lexa 300 (weight and line capacity).  The tatula 300 is a lot smaller and line capacity vs a lexa 300. So it can possibly be the a new tatula 400ish , if that makes any sense.  Lol I am waiting for the Prorex to land because i have a xxh rod that my Tatula 300 felt to small, but the lexa 300 felt perfect.  So id love to give this prorex a try.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Nothing is worse that that stupid farting spider......Kastking could have a gay chicken as a mascot and that would be cooler.....

"Easy Lenard .. Go easy man"

Like the colors, wishful thinking that its salt safe and has the same specs as a Lexa HD, 

Edited by nfnDrum

This looks cool... I just bought the tat 300 and it seems great! I wonder if all speeds are purple or just the 8.1... Interesting reel. 

On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, norcalkat said:

@scoobydoo

I have a tatula 300 and looking at the specs of the Prorex 400 it seems to be bigger than a tatula 300 but equal to specs to a lexa 300 (weight and line capacity).  The tatula 300 is a lot smaller and line capacity vs a lexa 300. So it can possibly be the a new tatula 400ish , if that makes any sense.  Lol I am waiting for the Prorex to land because i have a xxh rod that my Tatula 300 felt to small, but the lexa 300 felt perfect.  So id love to give this prorex a try.  

Do you have an older Lexa 300?  I no longer have mine.  Felt it was a bit too small for what I wanted to use it for.

I have the new Lexa 300 winn (scrapped the win handle so I don't know what to call it)

Feels much more substantial...where as the new Lexa 400hd compared to my original 400 HD which I still have seems identical.

Weird I know.  Gotta grab my old 300hd from my buddy and compare.

On 1/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, norcalkat said:

@scoobydoo

smaaaat dude

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Do you have an older Lexa 300?  I no longer have mine.  Felt it was a bit too small for what I wanted to use it for.

I have the new Lexa 300 winn (scrapped the win handle so I don't know what to call it)

Feels much more substantial...where as the new Lexa 400hd compared to my original 400 HD which I still have seems identical.

Weird I know.  Gotta grab my old 300hd from my buddy and compare.

I have the following reels 

tatula 300

tranx 300/400

lexa hd 300/400

Out of these the Tatula is definitely the smallest.   the Lexa 300 is probably around the same size as the tranx 400.  

If they made a tatula 400 I would be all over it, that’s why when I saw this proRex and the specs it look like a bigger size tatula 300( 1oz more/ id imagine in spool size) 

The pro Rex looks promising to me because I feel it’ll be in the right size for one of my rods that I use to throw 10 ounce to 14 ounce Swimbaits using 100 pound braid

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

smaaaat dude

I just like having certain applications dialed in there’s a reason I have over 30 rods and about the same amount of reels that II constantly use

49 mins ago, norcalkat said:

I just like having certain applications dialed in there’s a reason I have over 30 rods and about the same amount of reels that II constantly use

There will be even more for you chew on in a few months. :howdy:

9 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

There will be even more for you chew on in a few months. :howdy:

I’d love to see one of these new low pro reels come with a bait clicker... any chance of that in the future? :D

13 mins ago, TJones said:

I’d love to see one of these new low pro reels come with a bait clicker... any chance of that in the future? :D

Okuma Komodo does. Thought one of the Lexas did at one point too.