nightfighter

Shipping ammo.... process

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Called UPS store. Nope. Have to got to Service Center. Girl answering there freezes and connects me with their Hazmat dept., which fortunately was located in Kentucky, so the girl there "got it." So I can pack it up, ready to ship, but it has to have the new (aod 1/1/2021) ground limited quantity label.... She suggested pulling image down off google images. I am going to call local Service Center to see if they have them first. 

Just where I am in the process. Did not check Fedex.

Day two or three.... Disclosure; I am in peoples republic of Mass....

Drove to Fedex Shipping Center location in Peabody Mass, because it was closer... You know, a big place they run trucks out of in the morning... Nope. They don't do ammunition. Woman behind the counter was waving her cane at me when I said it was ammo, but she had already seen the diamond sticker I had affixed to the package.   My only option with them is to schedule Fedex Ground to do a pick up... (I didn't know they were separate entities....)

Get in car and look to see how long to drive to the UPS Service center in Lynnfield Mass.... They closed at noon on a Friday...What????? Back home to sort this out, open an account somewhere and schedule some carrier to pick it up. This is ridiculous!

Your best bet is to go back to ups when they’re open. I would call them to confirm their hours. Fedex is a pain to open an account and then have them pick it up. 

In my area (rural eastern NC) there are independent UPS dealers.  Over the years I have shipped firearms (not handguns) and ammo through the shipping counter of a local drug store (and they have real milkshakes too!). See if you can locate an independent UPS dealer that is pro-gun.  I was rejected at Mail Boxes Etc, and still rejected when they changed their name to UPS store, but never at the drugstore.  Good Luck, OH

Good morning,

First time posting but I just went thru this process myself. I sent two boxes (50rounds each) from NH to my brother in NC. I went to the the UPS service center it was fast and painless. I down loaded the hazmat/ammo label. I sent it UPS ground and surprising it was delivered in 2 days.