flyangler

Are YOU ready to be "de-programmed"?

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

The deprogramming talk is silly. 

Our media literacy gap has been growing for decades in this country. Combine that with a media that is polarized and offers infotainment and consumers that are ravenously seeking confirmation and you have a very uninformed population. 

35 mins ago, The Dude said:

I think it's a cultural solution where we shame and shun people who promote fake news and conspiracy theories. 

We had some boob in the PG today posting YouTube videos of Trumps alleged insurrection watch party 

I’m going to do my part shame and shun them 

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

What I enjoy about AOC is the importance Republicans insist on assigning her. She's a representative who chairs nothing and has authored no legislation. The Biden campaign kept her at a safe distance, and the Administration has offered her .... nothing. Yet it has been commonplace here to insist that she's the future of the Democratic party.  I am not sure what combination of geriatric resentments or misogyny drives it, but she's been a Republican boogeywoman through the Trump Presidency.  Why not make jokes about it?  It begs for satiric humor.

She authored and/or sponsored 29 pieces of legislation.

She served as co-chair for Biden's "manifesto" which is on his WEB site.

16 mins ago, saltydawg said:

The deprogramming talk is silly. 

Our media literacy gap has been growing for decades in this country. Combine that with a media that is polarized and offers infotainment and consumers that are ravenously seeking confirmation and you have a very uninformed population

Germany To Hold Quarantine Breakers In Refugee Camps And “Detention Centers”

Germany is still seeing a serious spike in new COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths. As with so many other countries, they’re also running into serious snags in deploying the new vaccines to their people. They’ve locked down much of their population and quarantines are still mandatory for those who have been exposed to someone who tests positive. The problem is, just as in parts of the United States, not everyone is willing to be locked down in quarantine voluntarily. It’s not a few people, either. There’s been some fairly stiff resistance. So what are they going to do about it? In the hardest-hit parts of Germany, repeat offenders will reportedly be rounded up and placed in camps of some sort with guards watching them. (NY Post)

Wow. She got to co-chair a panel that wrote a "manifesto?"

And then she gets nothing from the new Administration.  Such ingratitude.

Given how tender Cult sensibilities are today, I think I'll give this Forum a pass for a bit. The posts I'm seeing today, even more than usual, are spectacularly hysterical. They remind me of Chuck Norris' pronouncement that Obama's getting a second term would lead to "a thousand years of darkness."

I''ll check into this Forum again in a day or three.

5 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

She authored and/or sponsored 29 pieces of legislation.

She served as co-chair for Biden's "manifesto" which is on his WEB site.

Biden IS bringing back the old Obama team, including Anita Dunn, lover of Mao.

1 min ago, BrianBM said:

Given how tender Cult sensibilities are today, I think I'll give this Forum a pass for a bit. The posts I'm seeing today, even more than usual, are spectacularly hysterical. They remind me of Chuck Norris' pronouncement that Obama's getting a second term would lead to "a thousand years of darkness."

you should stop. you were wrong on AOC in the earliest days, i think you might have admitted that along the way, so you have no standing to snark about AOC....

Just now, flyangler said:

you should stop. you were wrong on AOC in the earliest days, i think you might have admitted that along the way, so you have no standing to snark about AOC....

Of late that term no standing has been very much in vogue for the legal fraternity, was it 40 or 80 times it has been recently uttered in courts of law?

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

What I enjoy about AOC is the importance Republicans insist on assigning her. She's a representative who chairs nothing and has authored no legislation. The Biden campaign kept her at a safe distance, and the Administration has offered her .... nothing. Yet it has been commonplace here to insist that she's the future of the Democratic party.  I am not sure what combination of geriatric resentments or misogyny drives it, but she's been a Republican boogeywoman through the Trump Presidency.  Why not make jokes about it?  It begs for satiric humor.

AOC committee assignments;

Committee assignments
  • Committee on Financial Services. Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship and Capital Markets. Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions.
  • Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Civil Liberties. Subcommittee on Environment.

And the most important of all is being a member of the ;

• Congressional Bangladesh Caucus

Cabo

2 mins ago, Cabo2005 said:

And the most important of all is being a member of the ;

• Congressional Bangladesh BunglersDitch Caucus

FIFY

9 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Again, Green New Deal that is a cornerstone of the Biden/Harris agenda.

But you say she is powerless. She is so powerless that she chased Amazon out of NYC and cost thousands of jobs.

Most of the talk is for her to take Schummer's seat in the Senate. Why would they put her in a Cabinet position or less when they could put her front and center in the Senate.

Deprogrammed hmm just the milliionaires who will keep their millions maybe ..All that means to me folks who can’t make want yours ...any need is a right per joe bidens manifesto

Katie Couric is a big deprogram proponent.  Why would she spew this crap prior to her hosting Jeopardy?  I can't imagine that is going to help the ratings.

Cabo

6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

No, it's true.  I've already been consulted about Flyangler, Fishy Fisher, Maine Guide, and one or two other posters here by the branch of the Department of Education developing plans for deprogramming and political re-education.

:)

Lol. 

A lib made me laugh today. And did it in one paragraph!