JettyGuy

FISHING WITH CHRONIC LEUKEMIA...but still catching!

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

Hey JG, closing in on both type 2 diabetes and also 70, so I feel you. Can't go go go like I used to. Add a bad knee waiting for a crises to land me in the hospital for a joint replacement. So rock jumping is hard for me. But still was able to cut down an oak and a maple couple days ago, and cut and split by hand 2 - 12 foot hickory logs today. Just have to pace myself and think about it a lot more. Went kayaking with a friend some 30 years my junior last fall and it was hard to keep up. Although he had a paddlewheel type get up and mine was hand paddling. But my thought is to keep going doing what I love till I come to an end. Sure as hell don't want to end up in a nursing home. I'll start smoking first to welcome the reaper. Smoked for 40 years, quit some 15 years ago, I still miss the hell outta it. So you hang in there and don't be waitin' and listenin' for the fat lady to sing. When she does, she'll belt it out loud enough for you to hear! Still waiting for my corona shot, one thing I really miss is the gym. It helped me a lot with my aches and pains. Hopefully in a few months. G2G

Posted (edited) · Report post

Way 2 go my friend !     I just tried to like your comment....hope that came out as intended ..I  am a little rusty.LOL   Keep plugging and moving.     I have a few type 2 diabetic people who I work with.    Sounds to me that you are very physically active and that really can help.   Hope that you have the whole diet thing going on, too.   But most of all great to see you have such a positive outlook .     And you are still catching and in the game big time.  

Edited by JettyGuy

3 hours ago, JettyGuy said:

Hang in there everyone.   Life is precious and good!

I do want to say

:howdy:

Thank you for sharing.

2 hours ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Jettyguy, Good2Go, and Popasilov (quitting smoking is not easy) :clap:. Stay safe and healthy!

Thank you Bluefish.

I am sure we are not alone; there has to be more than few of us who did it.

JG, thanks for the post and inspiration.

Been type ll diabetic for 16 years. While I eat well and have my sugars and A1C in check this disease has recked my body. Suffer from skin ulcers that don’t heal and currently getting hyperbaric treatment for the bone infection in my foot.

It’s a wonder that I still work or fish but somehow I get through my day. 
Treatment should be done bye mid February so hope to back to working and then fishing.

Thanks for keeping it positive! It isn’t easy sometimes.

14 hours ago, LowEnd said:

JG, thanks for the post and inspiration.

Been type ll diabetic for 16 years. While I eat well and have my sugars and A1C in check this disease has recked my body. Suffer from skin ulcers that don’t heal and currently getting hyperbaric treatment for the bone infection in my foot.

It’s a wonder that I still work or fish but somehow I get through my day. 
Treatment should be done bye mid February so hope to back to working and then fishing.

Thanks for keeping it positive! It isn’t easy sometimes.

LowEnd,   I totally get what you are living through.   It can be a surreal experience .  The major factor that helps people in our position:  Do whatever we can do to bully the disease back. Sounds a bit out there, yet it's true.   I am ruthless about doing anything that I possibly can to make my body inhospitable to leukemia.   You would not believe the pains that I take to    fight the disease right where it lives.    Little by little, step by step, I have been pushing back.   That doesn't mean that we can't take the time to be joyous, or to find calmness in our lives, but in order to defeat a chronic disease ..it dramatically helps to attempt to optimize health spiritually, medically and holistically.  It's not easy, but it's doable.  Hang in there LE. 

JG, on many levels I don’t accept the fact that I have this disease. So bully is a good term for how we get through every day.
Keeping active as possible is my way of fighting this thing.

Jetty Guy - Certainly missed you around here. Before you took some time off we exchanged a few PMs about food/diet. Thank you for posting, great to hear you are hitting the suds, doing OK and have the positive attitude (and spreading it). 

In the hospital now. Infection was getting better but took a turn for the worse. Have surgery tomorrow to remove infected bone.

Hoping that this will fix this finally. Going to be out of commission for 2 months if all goes well.

3 hours ago, LowEnd said:

In the hospital now. Infection was getting better but took a turn for the worse. Have surgery tomorrow to remove infected bone.

Hoping that this will fix this finally. Going to be out of commission for 2 months if all goes well.

Good luck and speedy recovery.

You will be back just in right time