Reed422

Battery Powered Lawn Tools

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Talking chain saw, weed sacked, leaf blower. These any good or should I strictly be looking at gas? Don’t really want to deal with gas but I also want powerful tools so.... Never used battery powered other than drills.

47 mins ago, John O' said:

SDid you buy a house?

Ya, Medway/millis/holliston area

32 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

How much yard you got?

About an acre

I bought Worx 56V, Grass Trimmer, Blower and Hedge Trimmer. Satisfied with the performance and power but now Worx has discontinued the 56V line and will only offer parts (batteries too) for their 20V tools. BIL has EGO, (Homies) , loves them. So, I'm out about $600+ and just bought another battery so I'll get another couple-few years. The gas trimmer and surprisingly hedge  trimmer (beast) run for 1/;2 hour or more, the blower can kill a fully charged battery in 10 minutes, blows good but you better not need it long. 

If I had to buy tomorrow, I'd look at EGo and ten Stihl, not sure of the cost difference but if its within 25%, consider Stihl, they make good stuff. 

The 56V one that I recently purchased was $150, ouch!  Many are around $100 however, Covid created many shortages and prices went up, will probably never come down.

Might want to check any local authorized service center before committing. There might be only 1 in your entire region. And it's a loooooong wait for part and service done.  My Bro have an ego mower. Warranty repair took 2 months.  The local service center is about an hour away in LI.

I bought a battery powered leaf blower. The wife wanted to be able to use a blower and our gas backpack was not for her. Then there was the electric blower with the cord, and the extension cord, which she grew immediately tired of dragging the cord. My purchase of a battery powered leaf blower was influenced by the wife and by all the yellow and black batteries I already have so I bought the 20v. yellow and black blower. Pretty powerful, light weight and charge lasts a good while.

Then I bought a yellow and black hedge trimmer. Also good. And the drill and saw batteries I already have are good in these two tools. I'm thinking I'll try the yellow and black pole saw. Should be nice for use in preparing for deer hunting. Typically I have to fidget with all my gas tools where I can grab the battery powered stuff and go.

I Makita tools, 2 impact Drivers, 3/8 Drill  few sawalls. Those are for construction. All 18 volt. So when the weed wackier was acting up I decided to go with a makita. Small yard and pool area. Works well. Usually all done with one battery. Then I wanted a blower. I use that to blow off my table saw and miter saw prior to storing them in my trailer. Works great. A few weeks ago I picked up a Makita vacuum. This I use on job sites in homes to clean up any mess I make. But the real reason I got the vacuum was to suck my bildge dry. The pumps leave a small amount under the cabin floor. Starts to stink in the hot summer. Issue solved. I am happy with the Makita line.