Lagerhead

Fishing Shows, Swap Meets, Flea Markets 2021

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Optimists prefer postponed, not cancelled.  The Berkeley Striper Club Fishing Flea Market is hoping to do something, outdoors perhaps when the weather warms, indoors for now is out of the question.  We've had some recent club meetings via zoom and held a meeting outdoors last fall.  Everyone is looking to get creative with the current restrictions so if you have any suggestions, post them.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Clubs are good to shop and swap. The Raritan Show Sucks as many commercial ones in NJ Even The Suffern NY one with full of vendor's selling non related Fishing stuff. Even many Guides Charters have stopped attending. 

Just a suggestion if some one is up to it how about a Stripers On Line Swap and Sell on the Beach some place or just a Parking lot - Mall with Open trunks, some place in the Middle. Can be as big as can be. say in March. Pre Register. No Public announcement.   

Edited by Cheeckakoe

22 hours ago, Darth Baiter said:

Everyone is looking to get creative with the current restrictions so if you have any suggestions, post them.

Check out my post I just did. :howdy:

Believe there is some support on the Book for a virtual show. A bunch of builders have shown interest in it as well. 

Not sure how a virtual show would go. That’ll be tough. 

11 hours ago, Juanma25 said:

Damnnn no shot at a PB this year without a brand new lava D-mag pencil in my bag!

Is it safe to assume you never threw one?

7 hours ago, fishless said:

Is it safe to assume you never threw one?

That indeed would be safe thing to say. I can make some space in my bag if you have an extra I can toss:)

All kidding aside, I usually throw an old white Gibbs I have had good luck with in top water situations. How do the D-mags compare?

1 hour ago, Juanma25 said:

That indeed would be safe thing to say. I can make some space in my bag if you have an extra I can toss:)

All kidding aside, I usually throw an old white Gibbs I have had good luck with in top water situations. How do the D-mags compare?

I got a used one in a trade and fell in love on 1st use.  The easiest pencil to work that I've use and it never helicopters on the cast.  Stays straight like a dart.