Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seadogg

New kicks

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Picked up the Orvis pro boots a few days ago and used them for the first time yesterday. Light as a feather, comfortable, and with a stiff upper for support. Not hockey boot stiff, but I won’t be worried about rolling an ankle. 

I’m using Orvis boots as my main pair felt bottom the last six years no problems good fit . Like all my equipment it’s a must to let them air dry and not left in your car trunk to rot out . I like Orvis products.  

I walk far and fish hard,often in icy conditions in rivers w/ lots of sharp rocks.I've had and ruined w/in a season most of the better boots out there.The only ones that were sufficiently well built to last more than a season were a pr built by Weinbrenner (felt-soled,resoled 2x) and a pr of Simms built by Danner that lasted 5 seasons and a resole.

My most recent pr is the Patagonia built by Danner.Going into season 2 and no appreciable wear,great ankle support.

The wading boot built like an athletic shoe dies an early death on my feet.Ones built like a work boot on a Goodyear last/sole that can be resoled always last longest.

I have the orvis, my favorite of all the ones that I’ve had so far. 

I had 2 pairs of Simms Freestones (I think). They were ok, lasted about 2 seasons of heavy use. I then got a pair of higher end Simms, not sure which ones. They’re ‘meh’. I have 2 pairs of Patagonia lightweights. Very comfy, light as the name suggests but the breakdown at the ankle pretty quickly. I still have the Simms and Patagonias but no longer where them. 

The orvis are comfy, offer good support. Rubber sole is fair at grip. I have the orvis studs in there but they need a grip stud or something similar. Hopefully orvis doesn’t **** it up and keeps them as is for a while.