Gooch88

Rod pairing saltiga 15h for bottom fishing.

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Got a saltiga 15h after not being able to find a valiant in anything but sliver red/blue... this virus sucks !!! not sure exactly what rod to pair it with considering the triflex 7040 is a tough find what would you guys suggest? 

my one and only option I’ve considered under my budget is the

jigging world 7’6” night ranger

probably not the best choice and Also considering a calstar just kind of expensive on a budget of $300.00 never fished one aswell looking for something light. 

7 hours ago, Gooch88 said:

Got a saltiga 15h after not being able to find a valiant in anything but sliver red/blue... this virus sucks !!! not sure exactly what rod to pair it with considering the triflex 7040 is a tough find what would you guys suggest? 

my one and only option I’ve considered under my budget is the

jigging world 7’6” night ranger

probably not the best choice and Also considering a calstar just kind of expensive on a budget of $300.00 never fished one aswell looking for something light. 

The 7’6” Night ranger is a very nice rod. I have both models and like them. The black demon or black widow are good choices as well but the night ranger is lighter and has cork grips. 

Plus nano particles :)

2 hours ago, Kml said:

The 7’6” Night ranger is a very nice rod. I have both models and like them. The black demon or black widow are good choices as well but the night ranger is lighter and has cork grips. 

Plus nano particles :)

Watching some Utube last night I seen a couple demons break at the tip on blackfish/fluke trips  I’m going to steer clear from this specific model. But I do like the layout.. so it’s a tough one.  But interested to see what the black widow looks like aswell the  Night ranger definitely seems like the top choice asking around and considering it’s price I think I might just go with it.  Thank you kml 

4 hours ago, Tom T said:

Whatever you put it on it will work fine.  

Lol yeah idk. I’m not the best when it comes to picking out rods/reels  figured I’d ask as they are popular reels. Just not getting much feedback.

9 mins ago, Gooch88 said:

Lol yeah idk. I’m not the best when it comes to picking out rods/reels  figured I’d ask as they are popular reels. Just not getting much feedback.

probably because it doesn't matter. As long as you don't put it on a really light baitcasting rod it's going to work fine

34 mins ago, mazisama said:

go with the triflex. you wont regret it

Tried to find a 7030/7040 no luck called 7 shops yesterday not giving up though.

I've had both and now I have a 7020. It's the BL with foam grips. Lots of fun with roaster sized tog, sea bass, porgy and any other bottom fish.

41 mins ago, mickrazz said:

I've had both and now I have a 7020. It's the BL with foam grips. Lots of fun with roaster sized tog, sea bass, porgy and any other bottom fish.

I’ll try calling lamiglas on Monday or Tuesday see if they can try and help locate a dealer. Thanks mick ! The specifications look good on both models !!

3 hours ago, Gooch88 said:

Watching some Utube last night I seen a couple demons break at the tip on blackfish/fluke trips  I’m going to steer clear from this specific model. But I do like the layout.. so it’s a tough one.  But interested to see what the black widow looks like aswell the  Night ranger definitely seems like the top choice asking around and considering it’s price I think I might just go with it.  Thank you kml 

I blew up two Dark Knights in the last year. The first time they replaced it no problem at all. The second time I asked him not to replace it just give me whatever credit he thought fair for the Night Ranger because I was buying two of them. He gave me 100% credit of the broken dark knight against the purchase of the night ranger. Customer service still counts for something over there.

I have the heavier Black widow and it is not what I would call delicate. It is a great blackfish rod.

One of the main differences that you need to think about is spiral wrap or not. The JW rods are all spiral the others are not. 

Billy40 does beautiful work and sells some rods off the rack so to speak for just a bit more that a factory rod you could get something cool.  

2 hours ago, Kml said:

I blew up two Dark Knights in the last year. The first time they replaced it no problem at all. The second time I asked him not to replace it just give me whatever credit he thought fair for the Night Ranger because I was buying two of them. He gave me 100% credit of the broken dark knight against the purchase of the night ranger. Customer service still counts for something over there.

I have the heavier Black widow and it is not what I would call delicate. It is a great blackfish rod.

One of the main differences that you need to think about is spiral wrap or not. The JW rods are all spiral the others are not. 

Billy40 does beautiful work and sells some rods off the rack so to speak for just a bit more that a factory rod you could get something cool.  

Jw definitely has some great customer service won’t deny that ! And I do like spiral wrapped rods definitely something I’ll consider as I know the lami’s have a straight layout  idk who billy is but I’ll do a quick search after this thank you appreciate the info !