RAW

Rubber eel tubes in the surf?

80 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's a picture of this hot rig, with a change needed. The head needs to be shaped like a tablespoon ,same curves and weighted 2-3 oz. same connectors, my tubes used are longer 8-10" and rigged double hook.

IMG_1603.JPG

Edited by RAW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Irishfire18 said:

Here a picture

25BAC266-95D0-445B-9FA1-FB3CEBE66877.jpeg

l have some of them around still in there wrappers along with spare tails, it as a hot item at one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RAW said:

Here's a picture of this hot rig, with a change needed. The head needs to be shaped like a tablespoon ,same curves and weighted 2-3 oz. same connectors, my tubes used are longer 8-10" and rigged double hook.

IMG_1603.JPG

Are these round? l used to make something similar using a drail sinker's for getting down deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, LB said:

Are these round? l used to make something similar using a drail sinker's for getting down deep.

no ,concave like a spoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l can find the Bingle head yet. l found these in an old box you used these tin with real eel skins, gizmo eel skin were sold separately in a salt brine l did good with these fishing the north side of the VZ bridge in Staten lsland at night.

 

 

20210121_103741.jpg.69a7dc4e51285b6f29a976018f73b207.jpg

 

20210121_102733.jpg.ae21feb718912c6abcca9f8ac300774a.jpg

 

20210121_102744.jpg.9b5a12f80172929b1dc972a58454bd77.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LB said:

l can find the Bingle head yet. l found these in an old box you used these tin with real eel skins, gizmo eel skin were sold separately in a salt brine l did good with these fishing the north side of the VZ bridge in Staten lsland at night.

 

 

20210121_103741.jpg.69a7dc4e51285b6f29a976018f73b207.jpg

 

20210121_102733.jpg.ae21feb718912c6abcca9f8ac300774a.jpg

 

20210121_102744.jpg.9b5a12f80172929b1dc972a58454bd77.jpg

 

 

Not quite, The profile is different. I will try to create what looks correct and post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Made my 1st

3/8s jig with 1/0 hook.  Its thin tubing.  I think 3mm. Not easy to cut.  Gonna try a larger knife and shear it off vs slicing. 

1611683491589332109065351386087.jpg

Edited by PSegnatelli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Made my 1st

3/8s jig with 1/0 hook.  Its thin tubing.  I think 3mm. Not easy to cut.  Gonna try a larger knife and shear it off vs slicing. 

1611683491589332109065351386087.jpg

Big sharp shears cut on the diagonal .  8 “ piece Makes 2 4”    Upholstery type shears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, LB said:

 

Bingle Lures use to make great jig heads in the 70s 80s & 90s like you said all the sharpies in Brooklyn used them, all types with surgical tubing in all colors and some with clear water hose tubing with foil, he had his shop on Cropsey Ave in Coney Island, have some still in there wrappers, peanut bunker with clear water hose tubing with green foils inside looks just like a 2" baby bunker, have to dig them out and post some pictures.

This are Bingle jigs finally found them. The cardboard on package said Bingle on it. Probably got them in the Mid 80’s.

71C7BDB8-41C0-4E1E-85D1-CBB6D5D653AE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 1/17/2021 at 9:59 AM, LB said:

They look like these, l remember there where other style shaped heads and hanger eye was placed placed further up near the nose for using in shallower water, like l said before l will did out the bunker jig l have and will post pictures, l plain on using them spring time.

 

 

 

@Dan Tinman , do you make anything like the skinny jigheads meant for Nordic eels? LB has them pictured on page one of this thread.  I cut rubber tubing, but found that I only had a couple of suitable jigheads left  .... darn it.

 

It's LB's post, #13 in this thread.

Edited by BrianBM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.