fisherman321

Is a full day tog fishing charter for $90 per person worth it right now?

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Is a full day tog fishing charter for $90 per person worth it right now in New Jersey. Thinking about taking a charter on Mimi VI. How much fish are usually caught per person on blackfish charters and how many keepers?

Never taken a charter for blackfish, but have for redfish, tarpon, mahi, grouper, and even here, for striper! 90 bucks is a pretty reasonable price for a charter, I guess there are other guys going with you. Check with your state fishing reg enforcement group for reports, or local tackle shops, to see if the bite is on. Then do it! 90 bucks for a half day (?) is worth it just to get the salt air in your lungs! 

I’m going Monday on a boat out of Belmar full day tog for $100. I heard it’s spotty some days really good some days not so much. Worth the money to me. full day fluke charters/tog out of Brooklyn in season are generally in that price range. 

1 hour ago, Good2Go said:

Then do it! 90 bucks for a half day (?) is worth it just to get the salt air in your lungs! 

From the title looks like it is $90 for full day.

1 hour ago, fisherman321 said:

Is a full day tog fishing charter for $90 per person worth it right now in New Jersey.

How many people?

$90 per person it has to be at least 12. That would be very cheap.for full day

Must be 24.

It all depends do you like being on charter boats.

may be worth just to get out of the house, like Good2Go said

1 hour ago, Good2Go said:

is worth it just to get the salt air in your lungs! 

And if you catch a fish, consider that a bonus

$90 for a full day is a great deal IMO.  If there’s a pool, get in on it, it’s always fun to have skin in the game.  And don’t forget to tip your mates! :) 

2 mins ago, Water Dog said:

$90 for a full day is a great deal IMO.  If there’s a pool, get in on it, it’s always fun to have skin in the game.  And don’t forget to tip your mates! :) 

What do charters usually supply you with?

15 mins ago, Dbf2293 said:

I’m going Monday on a boat out of Belmar full day tog for $100. I heard it’s spotty some days really good some days not so much. Worth the money to me. full day fluke charters/tog out of Brooklyn in season are generally in that price range. 

Is it fishstix?

10 mins ago, fisherman321 said:

What do charters usually supply you with?

They’ll supply you with bait and rigs.  If it’s a private charter, they’ll supply you with the rod n reel, if it’s an open boat or partyboat, you can rent a rod.  They’ll also clean / fillet your fish at the end of the trip.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Its fishing, hit or miss but if the captain knows what he's doing he can increase your chances. With fuel prices what they are $90 is a load of bull**** IMO. But if the captain has a few honey holes that is what your paying for.

Edited by nfnDrum

11 hours ago, Dbf2293 said:

Big Mohawk. A captain I like from Brooklyn is on that boat right now 

How much does it cost for an open boat there per person? How long is the trip also?

MIMI is a good boat with a good captain.  Fair price these days.

The question as to how many fish you'd catch, it's silly.  Blackfishing is erratic at best and better catches are made by the experienced fishermen.  Of course, that is if the fish are biting on that particular.

Just go and enjoy the day.

16 mins ago, fisherman321 said:

How much does it cost for an open boat there per person? How long is the trip also?

$100 6am-3 I believe. What spigola said is spot on