DeepBlue85

Spot burning

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out of respect for this site i'v edited  this post however the title says it all.  Grown men that thrive off media attention are destroying the better places other people with common sense have enjoyed for a life time, privately. Specifically one individual that's made a habit of posting spot specific footage, obviously broadcasting location. Please record your you tube pleasures in less obvious and more responsible ways that won't turn a pleasant fishing spot into the parking lot of a home depot.

Edited by DeepBlue85

1 hour ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Out of respect for this site i'v edited  this post however the title says it all.  Grown men that thrive off media attention are destroying the better places other people with common sense have enjoyed for a life time, privately. Specifically one individual that's made a habit of posting spot specific footage, obviously broadcasting location. Please record your you tube pleasures in less obvious and more responsible ways that won't turn a pleasant fishing spot into the parking lot of a home depot.

Yea grown men posting videos on YouTube gey.

7 mins ago, hydraman said:

Only if they are gay men.

10 mins ago, hydraman said:

Well were are you supposed to put the "Ha! I was catching Tuners while you were all at work" in your face video to all your friends who didn't go if not on Youtube or Facebook.

Laughing in their face about it has it's place, sure, but the video of you leaving in the dark while they're getting ready for work, and then let them stew about it all day at working waiting to hear what you caught........... That's great stuff.

4 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

I 100% agree.. what these people do for attention is pathetic.. everyone's gotta be the next skinner.. absurd..

The only time I ever watch any youtube video is for a rod or reel review.. that is literally the only purpose youtube serves for me.. those videos I do find helpful in making a new purchase..  there's a lot that can be learned by watching gear in action, and I do enjoy watching scooby dissect a reel.. 

5 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

Please record your you tube pleasures in less obvious and more responsible ways that won't turn a pleasant fishing spot into the parking lot of a home depot.

I think that battle is lost long time ago with popularity of Utube

Everybody wants to have that extra click on their channel. We may be able to silence this one but there are another 2 in line tomorrow to broadcast from same spot.

Sadly, guys who enjoy fishing will be the one paying price for this. Because of their 2 minutes of fame we are getting hit with more and more restrictions on fishing access.

1 hour ago, Popasilov said:

I think that battle is lost long time ago with popularity of Utube

Everybody wants to have that extra click on their channel. We may be able to silence this one but there are another 2 in line tomorrow to broadcast from same spot.

Sadly, guys who enjoy fishing will be the one paying price for this. Because of their 2 minutes of fame we are getting hit with more and more restrictions on fishing access.

Couldn't agree more... Most don't even make a penny and think their "epic" trip will make them rich... 

And they don't realize often its locals lookin for spots which equals about 100 views.... And they just hosed themselves for nuthin. 

I do enjoy a fare bit of sweetwater still, I grew up fishing a handful of spots that I still enjoy frequenting from time to time if for no other reason than nostalgia.  Back when I'd leave school early to fish in the image of the lindners (rest in peace ron) or bill dance and in the process forming a solitary foundation of the love I still hold for angling.  Fast forward 20 years and the places I literally grew up are now bastardized by someone whom I can only assume is a self aggrandizing sociopath.  Fish come an go on a beach or a jetty and while he burns plenty of those areas as well, the outright destruction of a freshwater lake can and will occur because of the irresponsible behavior by selfish self obsessed fools.

Edited by DeepBlue85

And struggling outdated magazine publications with the same lack of regard, style or class .........no offense to the minions they may employ.

Edited by DeepBlue85