wiretap

Lake Texoma for Out of staters

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hello!! 

My trip for CA has been cancelled due to COVID so they are sending me to Irving, TX for training. 

Ill be there 3/1/2021 - 3/13/2021 ish. 

I was planning on treking to galveston or going to PINS, but someone suggested going to Lake Texoma and i started looking into it. 

Im super excited as striped bass are one of my bucket list fish. 

Anybody have tips for an out of stater who doesn't even know where the "dam" is? Told to fish off of that, but i am probably blind because i cant find it on google maps. 

Anyways.... any help? Any cheap cheap cheeeeaap guides? Idk if i can bring a rod or not. 

I don’t have any valid tips as the last time I fished Texoma I was in college in the 70’s. I used to fish Keystone lake for Stripers as it is fed y a semi salt River. I did take the trip to Texoma 3-4 times but chased lmb there. 

The dam is called Denison Dam and located on the southwest part of the lake. You'll need a special fishing license for just the lake and not Texas or Oklahoma fishing license. Best way to catch them is on boat or with a guide. You can catch them from bank but it's a hit or miss. They should be biting in the early morning on small swimbaits.

3 hours ago, StripedBasstardz said:

The dam is called Denison Dam and located on the southwest part of the lake. You'll need a special fishing license for just the lake and not Texas or Oklahoma fishing license. Best way to catch them is on boat or with a guide. You can catch them from bank but it's a hit or miss. They should be biting in the early morning on small swimbaits.

Thank you!! That gives me much more to google search!

I'm trying to save up for a guide, but I don't think my wife will let me fork out $300+ haha. 
If I found someone who is going, I'll throw in for gas and bait haha but I know my chances are slim.