Domjolly

Has anyone used search4-50 plugs

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Never heard anyone speak of them and have never seen one. Theyr all over flea bay and look nice in pictures. Was curious if anyone has had any experience with them. Theyr a little too pricey to just buy on a whim. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

From what I saw of them they look pretty nice.

As for finding out if they're any good I'm sure they are but the only way you will know for yourself is you're going to have to pull the trigger out on one.

Going by what someone else says is like you don't buy what someone else says about how good a movie is they may tell you how that movie sucked I want to see it it sucked but, you decide to go and see it and you love it.

As for price they're actually not bad at all and the lower market these days.

So, try one out and then you'll know for yourself, hell, they could become your newest favorite and then you know you can buy some more. 

HH

Edited by Heavy Hooksetter

I once asked about a reel here I'm quite a number of years ago and it was told all their junk don't bother don't waste your money by one of these.

Since I'm a person that likes to find out things for himself, I bought one and took a fishing.

I was pleasantly surprised at its performance it's simplicity of design and I fell in love with them so I bought five more in several sizes.

My only issue with any of them was the drugs that once they were out I put in carbons and they've been fine since so, find out for yourself and you should be fine and happy.

HH

I bought a couple and used them in the fall, the large spook and Polaris popper worked well with a couple fish in the thirty inches, I don't know much about the maker but have a feeling he's just starting out, everything is well made, and put together, I recommend it

Are they through wired? The one I saw didn't appear to be. I could be mistaken, but for $39 I would expect the highest of quality. Like HH said, won't know til you try it. I'm sure people had their reservations with many of the great plug builders today when they first came out too. 

1 hour ago, BDigital said:

Are they through wired? The one I saw didn't appear to be. I could be mistaken, but for $39 I would expect the highest of quality. Like HH said, won't know til you try it. I'm sure people had their reservations with many of the great plug builders today when they first came out too. 

Sometimes what you actually see is not what makes that plug special.

Oh and I'm, through wiring is not all that special just FYI.

HH

3 hours ago, BDigital said:

Yes all the ones I purchased are through wired, the middle hook either comes fixed or swiveled 

5 hours ago, BDigital said:

Wait...a guy who’s just starting out is charging $40 for a plug?

13 mins ago, TimS said:

Wait...a guy who’s just starting out is charging $40 for a plug?

Domsson lures. Has a couple on the bay with fancy paint jobs. Did see one for $35 lol. Maybe he's the next Mike's......

On 1/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, BDigital said:

Domsson lures. Has a couple on the bay with fancy paint jobs. Did see one for $35 lol. Maybe he's the next Mike's......

Domsson has been around for many years and a plug of his even graced the cover of the fisherman I believe. 

the last auction site builder I tried was terrible! It looked nice but was a horrifically weighted needle fish with a swivel that hung way outside of the plug body. The tail floated and nose sunk it was strange. If search4-50’s darter was a little larger and with an upper slope line tie I would have pulled the trigger and gave it a go. But who really knows thing could be great