BJJ Brown Belt

St. Croix Avid

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Avid has a 15 year warranty, just reach out to st croix. Their cusotmer service has been amazing from my experience. Unless its older than 15 years, im sure they can do something even for a discontinued rod. A warranty doesnt just go away if they discontinue that rod. My guess is theyll upgrade you to a newer avid if they dont still have butt sections around for the old stuff 

Edited by Mlima5

2 hours ago, Mlima5 said:

Avid has a 15 year warranty, just reach out to st croix. Their cusotmer service has been amazing from my experience. Unless its older than 15 years, im sure they can do something even for a discontinued rod. A warranty doesnt just go away if they discontinue that rod. My guess is theyll upgrade you to a newer avid if they dont still have butt sections around for the old stuff 

^^^This.

11 hours ago, BJJ Brown Belt said:

I am looking to replace the butt/handle of a St. Croix Avid surf rod avss96mhf2. It is discontinued from St. Croix so this is my only hope. 

Call St. Croix.......warranty ought to take care of this!

On 1/15/2021 at 6:44 PM, Mlima5 said:

Thank you, What i left out is I did go through st croix, They no longer make the Avid model i have. So they did replace with the new model . I got the 11footer last week, which i am thrilled with. But that leaves me with 2 top sections ( long story y i have 2) . I don't want to throw them away. I would love to find an original Avid handle. thanks again.

On 1/16/2021 at 7:16 AM, DeepBlue85 said:

Is it the original dark colored rod? I'd buy the old one from you if your not looking to keep it.

yes its the original, i have 2 of them. Selling it would be a last resort if i cant find a matching handle. Thank you.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:34 AM, yogiiiboy said:

Call St. Croix.......warranty ought to take care of this!

Yes > St Croix is great. The sent me the new model as this avid as no longer manufactured. I have 2 of these top sections that i want to keep and use if i could pair it with an Avid Butt.

54 mins ago, BJJ Brown Belt said:

Yes > St Croix is great. The sent me the new model as this avid as no longer manufactured. I have 2 of these top sections that i want to keep and use if i could pair it with an Avid Butt.

Put a "WTB" in the BST Forum..........someone may have what you're looking for.  Can't hurt to try............

Good Luck........

1 hour ago, yogiiiboy said:

Put a "WTB" in the BST Forum..........someone may have what you're looking for.  Can't hurt to try............

Good Luck........

i want to post that on the buy and sell section but i am to new to this forum & don't have enough posts. 

49 mins ago, BJJ Brown Belt said:

i want to post that on the buy and sell section but i am to new to this forum & don't have enough posts. 

Well when you do..............make sure that's the first thing you do...:th: