Ben Lippen

RIP Steve In Mass

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Longtime member of Sol, and great friend to many, passed away yesterday.

He was born a Jersey boy from the Clifton area, so he deserves a mention here in case some of you don't venture outside this Forum.

And if you haven't heard of him, you should do some searching. His posts are classic.

The food forum, known from today forward as Steve's Cooking Forum, was started because of his efforts. 

He's influenced most every forum on this site, and needs to be remembered by all. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Steve may God have mercy on your soul.  Prayers to your family during this most difficult time. 

Edited by shbeachbum

Posted (edited) · Report post

Never met him, but read all his journeys! Great sense of humor, how old was he and what did he dye from? So many good ppl gone this year! RIP Steve In Mass.. 

Edited by libertyminded

Thats a bummer, I didnt know him but I did enjoy his posts about his visits to NJ.  His memory/attention to detail is what made it so interesting.  RIP.

22 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

RIP SIM.  Everyone always broke his stones but i know its because they loved him like a crazy uncle. 

Couldn't have been said better !

Damm, 61? I ain’t that far from that number. Way to early. Sad to read. Seems like more then a few old guard SOL members have passed this year.

never fished with him, at least not that I am aware of.

condolences to family. 

RIP Steve. Another one taken too soon. Condolences to his family. As a retired chef I always read the CYC forum. Steve’s CYC is a nice way to memorialize him.