Billybob

Oh Jesus, SIM

Rate this topic

407 posts in this topic

I’ve been a member of this site a long time, probably 20 years.  I don’t post much, to put it mildly.  I guess I just like reading posts, more than posting.  I don’t think I’ve ever posted before on someone’s passing, but I have to say, I’m really going to miss Steve even though I didn’t know him.  I always enjoyed reading his posts.  He was a master of making the ordinary, and mundane interesting, with his “Tales and Lies”.  I wish I had known him.  Rest In Peace, Steve in Mass.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:16 PM, beret said:

Folks I understand Steve's backround as a engineer and a graduate of NJIT........I also remembering his telling of be a plant manager for several companies, or something close..........but I do not believe he was involved in engineering of management the last 10 years or so...........hence my question. Thought maybe something in bank security systems..........anyway just curious like many on this site. It was a SOL treasure that was for sure......

I didn’t know SIM personally just from interacting in the MA forum. I think that he said that he worked for a bank doing very early morning deliveries between branches and I think was also a facilities engineer there because he discussed maintaining their HVAC systems. 

On 1/16/2021 at 6:11 PM, jmlandru said:

Sultry is the name. 

someone mentioned the pic at the Food Fling. I hereby relinquish any and all copyright claims so please post it if you have it post it. 

landrusim.jpeg

Many years ago after doing a google search RE: fishing in the Outer Banks, I landed here reading one of SIM’s “Tales and Lies from the OBX” threads. I was hooked. I was amazed how he made mundane things compelling and eccentric things endearing. I’ve been here everyday since but have never posted. Thanks for guiding me to SOL Steve. RIP.

damn...do I have to tell a joke now?

9 hours ago, Pawcaw said:

Many years ago after doing a google search RE: fishing in the Outer Banks, I landed here reading one of SIM’s “Tales and Lies from the OBX” threads. I was hooked. I was amazed how he made mundane things compelling and eccentric things endearing. I’ve been here everyday since but have never posted. Thanks for guiding me to SOL Steve. RIP.

That's one of his old T&L threads I read. The meal tipping part seemed like classic Steve stuff from what I garnered. :clap:

9 hours ago, Pawcaw said:

You're in the tavern. The joke thing is a main forum thing. We don't play that nonsense here. Just tell Red to go **** himself and all is good. :th: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I don’t see an orbit posted. Maybe they’ll post one in jersey? Seemed to have a much stronger connection to jersey than mass.  

Edited by HugeDinghy

On 1/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, Cabo2005 said:

If I recall a mechanical engineer via Rutgers.

Cabo

Plant engineer at a place that did chemical processing? That was after working at Acme.

On 1/16/2021 at 0:02 PM, mybeach said:

That sepsis thing is unbelievably  common. 

That’s how my aunt died, but she was in her 80’s and battling lymphoma. Booth Memorial.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It is beyond my ability to express just how I feel right now. Sometimes life is not fair and this is one of those times.

Steve was a friend that I like most met here on SOL.  Steve and I talked often. I will miss him. Rest in Peace my friend.

Thank you John O' for letting me know.

Edited by Charleston