coolhandfluke

flyers looked good

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Playing the Penguins 7 more times is going to make for an interesting season.  Hopefully they can cement their playoff spot; its a tough division.

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Round 2 tomorrow night.

Side note I enjoyed the 5:30pm face off. 

yep eating sushi ,dumplings, and egg fu young while watching hockey.:th:

All inter division games should make for an entertaining season. The east is a tough division, but the have a lot of young talent (thanks Hexy), so let's see what happens...

6 hours ago, Finster said:

All inter division games should make for an entertaining season. The east is a tough division, but the have a lot of young talent (thanks Hexy), so let's see what happens...

if hexy let the kids play , he would still be here

19 hours ago, Jason V said:

I'm a flyer fan since 76, but can't watch today's hockey.  I check monthly what we're doing

i was 6 years old in 1971 watching them on a little black and white tv.  jumping up and down when the benches would clear. my mom would always yell at me for being to loud.

eventually they got curious so i was able to watch them on the old zenith console color tv.

now i watch them on a lcd tv 65 inch with surround sound. its almost like being in the stands.

Posted (edited) · Report post

33 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

if hexy let the kids play , he would still be here

Not sure. I think it was more behind the scenes politics that led to his departure. That and his loyalty to Hackstol..

But, either way, he's the one that brought the build through the draft mentality with him from L.A.

And he made good use of the picks...

Hopefully it Carries over to the same type of success the Kings had...

Edited by Finster
Effin spell check

On 1/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, coolhandfluke said:

i was 6 years old in 1971 watching them on a little black and white tv.  jumping up and down when the benches would clear. my mom would always yell at me for being to loud.

Good times!  I remember whe the boss came out and told us that the parade was coming by our building shortly (16th and Chestnut), and said that he wouldn't be expecting anyone on the day shift to be back in the office till the next day.  People hanging from the traffic lights and sides of buildings to get a good view of Bernie, Bobby, & company ... priceless ;) 

Gonna be interesting to see how they handle the adversity.  Losing Cooter and Myers hurts a lot, Frost a bit less.  Good news is Ghost skated yesterday and is expected back at practice when they return home.